Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ovechkin offer

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Ovechkin offer

The pool I'm in is points only and I have been offered couture, skinner, nugent hopkins, and Steve mason.. Im rebuilding my team and going for youth, is this fair value???

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nope it isn't.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

not even close to enough dude
    10 team keeper league points only
    pts: g=1 a=1 w=3 so=2 Cap 99.21m
    starting roster 12f, 6d, 1g Current Cap 99.12
    Forwards
    Malkin, Scheifele, Gaudreau, Kessel, Point, Atkinson, Palmieri, Bratt, Tuch, Borgstrom, Fiala, Steel
    Defense
    Hedman, Krug, Muzzin, Subban, Yandle, Brodie,
    Goalie
    Bobrovsky
    Reserves
    Hinostroza, Brannstrom, Andersson, Vaakanainen, Blackwood

Banned

he's trying to fleece you, I wouldn't even reply to a deal like that.
    If you want to add depth at the expense of a stud like Ovie, I would send a message to the entire league letting them know that you are making him available and will sell to the highest bidder...that should get them scrambling and you'll get some quality offers coming in I promise

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by mikedee View Post
    The pool I'm in is points only and I have been offered couture, skinner, nugent hopkins, and Steve mason.. Im rebuilding my team and going for youth, is this fair value???

Smart of you to come here to the forums first when your not sure what you should do or might do. The group here will steer you in the right direction!!

No, its not a good deal for you.

Some nice players for sure, but not in a deal for Ovechkin. I personaly think you should build with Ovechkin, and not through Ovechkin. However, if you are dead set on dealing him, let your league know your intentions of moving him. Your short changing yourself if you don't. Good luck !

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Smart of you to come here to the forums first when your not sure what you should do or might do. The group here will steer you in the right direction!!

No, its not a good deal for you.

Some nice players for sure, but not in a deal for Ovechkin. I personaly think you should build with Ovechkin, and not through Ovechkin. However, if you are dead set on dealing him, let your league know your intentions of moving him. Your short changing yourself if you don't. Good luck !
    This man speaks wisely - unless you get the motherlode for Ovechkin then he should be a key piece in your future team.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ovi isn't old yet, so I don't get why you can't build with him. He's got tons of years left of elite performances ahead of him. It would take a big offer for me to deal him and you may get that if you announce it to the league.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Novice

in my pool there are 11 teams and you keep 10 forwards so each draft the top talent available is typically young players that were passed over the year before so i think it will be a long road to rebuild my team. So over the next couple years i think i will be a bottom team with the ability to grab the nhls top prospects but wouldnt i be better off with skinner, couture and nugent hopkins right off the bat?? arent they 3 potential 75 point getters?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If we could see the rest of your team, you may not be as bad off as you think. Keep OV and trade your other assets for these 3 guys if you're hot for them/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

in my pool there are 11 teams and you keep 10 forwards so each draft the top talent available is typically young players that were passed over the year before so i think it will be a long road to rebuild my team. So over the next couple years i think i will be a bottom team with the ability to grab the nhls top prospects but wouldnt i be better off with skinner, couture and nugent hopkins right off the bat?? arent they 3 potential 75 point getters?
    I still think the answer is no, Mike. Part of what you aren't hearing here is that that isn't enough in return for Ovechkin in just about any league.

However, let's take a look at your 10 keepers and the scoring categories in your league. What is the format - roto, H2H, points?

Dobber Sports Novice

its a points only pool where the team that has the most points at the end of the year takes the cake.. i have some younger guys but also some guys i need to move on from.. ryan smyth, laich, erat and ray whitney.. the guys i receive from the trade would replace these guys..

Dobber Sports Demi-God

its a points only pool where the team that has the most points at the end of the year takes the cake.. i have some younger guys but also some guys i need to move on from.. ryan smyth, laich, erat and ray whitney.. the guys i receive from the trade would replace these guys..

Mike - 4 or 5 guys have said this isn't a good deal. You don't want to hear that, don't ask. You want some deeper help - get your roster up.

Dobber Sports Novice

i dont mean to come off as against everyones opinions i really appreciate the help. is ovie only movable for likes of 2 or 3 80 point guys??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

dude what are you waiting for? if you want help you'll have to post your roster etc. and if you have a hard on for couture, skinner and the likes then post his team too. Ovie in a points league is pure gold, you need a better return than rookies. what if they are a bust this year? then you'll be kicking yourself.

Dobber Sports Novice

Alex ovechkin
    evgeni malkin
    ryan smyth
    ray whitney
    brooks laich
    martin erat
    tuomo ruutu
    drew stafford
    david backes
    alex burrows

this is my ten