Thread: 2012 Draft Eligible Goalies

The King of Diatribes

Default 2012 Draft Eligible Goalies

I'm really starting to kick things up a notch for the upcoming season. One of my biggest goals is to become a source for Draft-Eligible goaltenders. I love tracking young prospects, especially the ones in Europe, and I love following along with Central Scouting's releases.

On May 30, CSS released their preliminary Futures List for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Although these aren't rankings, they do group the prospects into A, B and C Lists.

http://thegoalieguild.com/2011/07/20...gible-goalies/

There is a post with information and details on every single goalie listed in their Future List. You'll notice only a handful of "A" goalies ... meaning most people will automatically tag this draft as weak for goalies. This is not the case, as there's some very good talent, and surely there will be more coming out of the stands over the course of the season.

Enjoy and feel free to post comments or questions on any of the goalies!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My favourite --- Sarnia's Brandon Hope He has one good resume - 3 Silver Stick championships is quite the accomplishment.

Subban has looked good early on as well.

The King of Diatribes

I have seen a lot of video of Brandon Hope in a Honeybaked jersey. I remember posting about him in these forums wayyy back in like 2009 or something. He was a goalie to watch back then, he's a goalie to watch right now.

He kind of reminds me of Ryan Miller.

I'm sure Subban will be in the Top-3 of Domestic Goalies available when the CSS rankings start coming out. Doesn't have great size, but if he's still ranked that high, it's a pretty good sign of how skilled he could be.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I will try to pass on my best scouting reports for goalies that come to town. I certainly will see a lot of Hope this season. He was quite impressive last year and the Sting seem to like his upside a lot