Thread: Theodore in FLA

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Theodore in FLA

I know, I know, Florida? They suck! But what can we see happening with Jose this coming season? My league that I'm considering nabbing him (real cheap) in counts: W, GAA, SV%, SO

How much will Markstrom push for the starting job this year?

Assuming Theo plays 55 games, is this a reasonable projection? 20 W, 2.75 GAA, .905 SV%, 2 SO

Thanks in advance!
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Genius

Theo has a very high chance of being the surprise goalie in the NHL this year. He's completely forgotten.

Florida isn't as bad as we might want to pretend.
    They need a strong team system.
    Markstrom could be this years goaltending revelation, however, he didn't set the AHL on fire (which isn't a problem).

At a glance, from July 2011, it looks to me like it's Theo's ball to drop. Markstrom gets his 25 or 30 games. Florida starts to fade from the hunt in January, but could surprise all the way to the end. I don't mind their forwards. Blueline seems a bit thin, and particularly so after Jovo goes down. PP looks to be rejuvenated, to respectable level and internal competition should be at as high a level as seen in a few years.

Dobber Sports Star

Definitely agree with JHM -- Theo has all the marks of a great sleeper this season.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't think Markstrom will be an issue this year. Clemmensen and Theodore will be the duo in Florida. The only way I see Jacob in Florida is if both really suck or both get injured.

I'd say 50-55 games for Theo, 25-35 for Clemmensen, and maybe 1-5 for Markstrom.
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Genius

Slap my fingers, and I even did a quick roster check.

Clemmensen is the apparent backup, quite clearly. His save percentage of .911 and .912 over the past two years is quite respectable. He flirts with .500, which is all that the starter can hope to do.

The major starter in Florida this coming year:
    1) Theo 45%
    2) Clemmensen 30%
    3) Markstrom 20%
    4) other 5%

Dobber Sports Ninja

Theodore definitely could be a sleeper pick this year due to the stigma surrounding Florida and Theodore, but I definitely won't be putting a whole lot of stock into him as of right now.

I would flirt with the idea of taking him as a third goalie in a one-year assuming a two goalie system. Likely to be a very late round pick its a gamble but it could pay off.

Doubt Markstrom will be much of a factor at all this year, he likely will stay in the AHL for most of the year unless injuries occur like golfguy mentioned. Clemmenson is a very suitable backup and has played well for Florida.

I think the key is JHM's point that they need to work as a team. They signed a lot of players but none of them are gamebreakers.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    I don't think Markstrom will be an issue this year. Clemmensen and Theodore will be the duo in Florida. The only way I see Jacob in Florida is if both really suck or both get injured.

I'd say 50-55 games for Theo, 25-35 for Clemmensen, and maybe 1-5 for Markstrom.
    That's exactly what i'm thinking as well.