Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: New York Islanders

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I think the difference between Stamkos signing with Tampa and Tavares signing with the Islanders is that one team showed more of a desire to win. I know Snow didn't walk into a good situation when he came on as GM but during his time there, they've made the playoffs like 4 times. Part of me really hopes to see JT walk as it would be entertaining to see what unfolds for the NYI, also, I have Ho Sang in my pool and would love for them to bring him up full time HAHA!
    There's one other thing: tax rates. Taxes in Florida are a lot cheaper than taxes in the NYC metro area - on essentially everything.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Why would Hunter go to Long Island to do the same job he's already doing now for a shittier team?

Unless he's a delusional moron, I don't see how Hunter can be that pissed about Dubas being promoted to GM... it's been abundantly clear since they nixed the Arizona thing that MLSE has been grooming Dubas for that role.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Why would Hunter go to Long Island to do the same job he's already doing now for a shittier team?

Unless he's a delusional moron, I don't see how Hunter can be that pissed about Dubas being promoted to GM... it's been abundantly clear since they nixed the Arizona thing that MLSE has been grooming Dubas for that role.
    Because the top job on the Island could open up a lot faster than the top job in Toronto.

Dobber Sports Deity

He might not be going there to do the same job. He could be going there as the GM.

Of course, it's all hypothetical at this point, but the possibilities are there. That is what folks are talking to/referring about in regards to him going there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Reading between the lines, and factoring in careful dialogue from Shanahan, Hunter was disappointed that he didn't get the job, and in Shanny's own words, "he wants to be a GM in this league." There's little doubt in my mind that Hunter would jump at the right opportunity if / when it comes along. He wants a GM title. That said, not sure it's the Islanders, unless Lou goes there and they both sign on to turn the franchise around together.

If the Habs were smart, they would can that fool Bergevin and offer Hunter the keys to the castle. Forget about the bilingual nonsense - the Habs need a legit plan, vision and identity.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Reading between the lines, and factoring in careful dialogue from Shanahan, Hunter was disappointed that he didn't get the job, and in Shanny's own words, "he wants to be a GM in this league." There's little doubt in my mind that Hunter would jump at the right opportunity if / when it comes along. He wants a GM title. That said, not sure it's the Islanders, unless Lou goes there and they both sign on to turn the franchise around together.

If the Habs were smart, they would can that fool Bergevin and offer Hunter the keys to the castle. Forget about the bilingual nonsense - the Habs need a legit plan, vision and identity.
    Not to mention Habs have a big draft with four 2nd round picks and three 4th round picks, so they need someone who knows how to draft which is Hunter's strength.

Dobber Sports Deity

Unfortunately, that rarely happens.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Unfortunately, that rarely happens.
    And it's to the Habs detriment. They keep recycling the same French-Canadian coaches and load their staff with bilingual ex-players.
    I know being able to speak French is important in Montreal, but the press need to get over it.
    I'm not purposely being insensitive here, but the Canadiens need to bring in the best hockey men possible - teach them French after the fact.
    I don't care if the best GM or coach is from outer space and only speaks Klingon. Hire a translator.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Not to mention Habs have a big draft with four 2nd round picks and three 4th round picks, so they need someone who knows how to draft which is Hunter's strength.
    Exactly. A big plus with Hunter.
    The Habs need to hit HR's in this draft.

Dobber Sports Deity

Exactly. A big plus with Hunter.
    The Habs need to hit HR's in this draft.
    Unless they do something stupid and go off the board, they should have a HR this draft. The top three seem to be locked in but we will see what MB does.

Dobber Sports Stud

Recent writeup in the fishwrap known as the NY Post about LL coming to the Islanders

https://nypost.com/2018/05/21/lou-la...-in-huge-move/

I would bump the odds up of the team retaining JT as a result
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I would bump the odds up of the team retaining JT as a result
    I would too. This is fair.

JT has been a loyal soldier over the years - I'm sure he's going to at least listen to what Lou has to say. If anyone can layout a vision of success with conviction it's Lou. It might be enough to entice Tavares to stay on the Island - we'll find out soon.

Dobber Sports Jedi

The one thing Lou is going to affect a lot more than percentage points of JT resigning... is bringing in/finding a true #1 goalie. He's only ever known Brodeur, Schneider & Andersen. The Isles net woes will be resolved in relatively short order. That's my biggest expectation out of him in the next 12mths
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

TSN reported Mark Hunter has resigned... domino's are falling!
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The one thing Lou is going to affect a lot more than percentage points of JT resigning... is bringing in/finding a true #1 goalie. He's only ever known Brodeur, Schneider & Andersen. The Isles net woes will be resolved in relatively short order. That's my biggest expectation out of him in the next 12mths
    Indeed, stud starting netminders don't grow on trees.

Something is brewing

Also I don't think JT is going somewhere for an extra 5 or 10%, the kid has shown nothing but class. Since he was drafted by this Titanic of a franchise... nothing but class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Indeed, stud starting netminders don't grow on trees.

Something is brewing

Also I don't think JT is going somewhere for an extra 5 or 10%, the kid has shown nothing but class. Since he was drafted by this Titanic of a franchise... nothing but class
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.