Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: New York Islanders

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Should be a pretty easy workday commute to the Prudential Center for him then
    and on his days off , Lundqvist can come over and give him guitar lessons

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    and on his days off , Lundqvist can come over and give him guitar lessons
    Maybe they can start a band... "No Cups in the Big City"

Dobber Sports Master

take this with a grain of salt via a solid member of an isles board I'm a member of .

he said for the first time during the jt-isles behind the scenes negotiations he's sensing that the isles are ok with him walking on july 1 .

previous to this , the member had been steady with his thoughts that the negotiation is pretty much hung up on the money part so it seems like the isles dont want to pay his asking price at the moment .

its obviously a negotiating tactic to try and meet on more common ground but its still unsettling

Dobber Sports Ninja

They better be ok with him walking, because it's gonna happen anyway lol

JT does not strike me as the type of guy who can be swayed purely by a max contract - he has more substance than that, and he knows his window is closing.

On a side note... wouldn't JT look fabulous in the blue and white?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Which teams need a #1C and could potentially afford him? Arizona, Montreal and Vegas come to mind.

The owners in Carolina and Ottawa keep them out of the race.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    They better be ok with him walking, because it's gonna happen anyway lol

JT does not strike me as the type of guy who can be swayed purely by a max contract - he has more substance than that, and he knows his window is closing.

On a side note... wouldn't JT look fabulous in the blue and white?
    The way things were going leading up to the negotiating window(always saying the right things , always sticking up for the team etc.) in which isles could have began negotiations with him I always assumed it would get done very quick ; as in summer of 2017 . Something obviously happened on the way to paradise

Dobber Sports Star

Another huge Snow gamble that can potentially blow up in his face.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Another huge Snow gamble that can potentially blow up in his face.
    I'm pretty sure that whatever negotiations are currently happening are being done above Snows head and have been for some time . The money man behind the Isles (Scott Malkin) has been the one meeting with JT's agent .Garth is obviously being kept in the loop though.

there was also a tweet floating around yesterday that both malkin and ledecky were going to have a sit down with Sorokins agent soon ; doesnt sound too promising for Garths future if his owners are doing all the lifting for him .

Dobber Sports Stud

Its clearly a team in transition

so those who argue that JT wants to go with a winner are saying he won't sign with the Islanders
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

rest in peace Mr. Torrey
    Bill Torrey, GM of Islanders' dynasty, dies at 83
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...t-83-1.4647175

Dobber Sports Veteran

Re: Mr.Torrey. 4 consecutive Stanley Cups. That says it all. R.I.P.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Padawan

With Snow still the GM and his less than impressive resume this far, why on earth would JT want to commit long term to that team? Clearly they have no desire to win. Just my two cents.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    With Snow still the GM and his less than impressive resume this far, why on earth would JT want to commit long term to that team? Clearly they have no desire to win. Just my two cents.
    no doubt its time for a change but many of the isles drafted by snow still have alot of respect for him and saw first hand what he was up against during the lean years .

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    no doubt its time for a change but many of the isles drafted by snow still have alot of respect for him and saw first hand what he was up against during the lean years .
    I don't think anyone here is questioning the respect players have for their GM.

Its that the team traded arguably their one of their best overall dman in Hamonic for picks, then did nothing with them before the deadline on JT's walk year. To me that speaks volumes...

Yes banking the picks has value but at what short term cost ?

As I already mentioned the pundit who say JT wants to win indicates he will not sign in Brooklyn/LI.

They are clearly in transition and with hindsight being 20-20 they could have dealt JT for a ransom at the deadline.

The alternative being that they kept him and still missed the playoffs.

Its just sub-optimal asset management in my view.

It should be an offseason of drama. Either the Isles sign him and try to improve the backend/goaltending or JT walks and there is a another kind of drama.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I don't think anyone here is questioning the respect players have for their GM.

Its that the team traded arguably their one of their best overall dman in Hamonic for picks, then did nothing with them before the deadline on JT's walk year. To me that speaks volumes...

Yes banking the picks has value but at what short term cost ?

As I already mentioned the pundit who say JT wants to win indicates he will not sign in Brooklyn/LI.

They are clearly in transition and with hindsight being 20-20 they could have dealt JT for a ransom at the deadline.

The alternative being that they kept him and still missed the playoffs.

Its just sub-optimal asset management in my view.

It should be an offseason of drama. Either the Isles sign him and try to improve the backend/goaltending or JT walks and there is a another kind of drama.
    The Hamonic trade goes back two years to when he wanted to be in the prairies for personal reasons. He did back off that request, but I think something lingered and Snow granted it (finally). I'm still in the JT resigns camp. I just can't shake the feeling he's going to stay. Isles can pay him, he knows they're a couple pieces away from really pushing to contend, but with 11, 12 picks in this draft - Snow can fill gaps by going so many different directions - trade up - trade for a goalie - trade for a Dman.

Bailey resigned long term and one could easily argue at a discount. Don't think there is a person that could say this doesn't have something to do with enticing JT to stay. Isles can match contracts SJ, Mtl offer him, we all know Snow is a tiny bit crazy, but he'd be wise to just tell JT - Whatever they offer, we'll match it plus the 8th year.

There should be concern about losing Hickey & de Haan to UFA this summer.. .Seidenberg is a UFA as well. Getting Kulemin & Halak off the books frees up a lot of room $28 mil with a bunch of holes to fill. Well 16 after JT gets 12m - 8.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4