Thread: Hiller's Health and trade thoughts

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Hiller's Health and trade thoughts

Just wondering the latest info on Hiller's vertigo symptoms. I am considering going after him for the upcoming season with a trade resembling Kipper and Prospect and conditional pick (based on Hiller's games played) for Hiller. Prospect would be in the Tyler Myers, John Carlson, Jacob Voracek Range. We keep 8, goalie stats are W, Sv, Sv%, GAA, and SO. I'm thinking this could be a good opportunity to solidify goaltending for the next few years and buy low on a potential all-star calibre keeper.

Any thoughts?

Banned

freeze, you can find all injury-related updates in the Injury Discussion and Updates forum, here is the latest on Hiller

http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...d.php?t=103257

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks McGoo. As an owner then are you feeling confident? You think I would be buying low?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Beat me to it, McGoo. From what I have read, Hiller will be fine and he will return to action healthy. As a Hiller owner, I have paid very close attention to this storyline.

Watching Hiller as the goalie for Team Swiss in the Olympics, I have to say that of all the goalies he had the least support and still put up disgusting numbers especially against the top teams like Canada. From then on, I've believed in him. I'm not sure how much juice is left in the Kipper tank, but I have thought that for a while. I think if you could trade Kipper+ for Hiller you'll be a happy guy. Let us know how your negotiations go.

DS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShitSandwiches View Post
    Watching Hiller as the goalie for Team Swiss in the Olympics, I have to say that of all the goalies he had the least support and still put up disgusting numbers especially against the top teams like Canada. From then on, I've believed in him. I'm not sure how much juice is left in the Kipper tank, but I have thought that for a while. I think if you could trade Kipper+ for Hiller you'll be a happy guy. Let us know how your negotiations go.
    yup, I was sold on him too for that exact reason, he damn well stood on his head and really put on a show, in terms of pure talent I think he's among the elite in the league...if only the Ducks can play a little better defensively in front of him we would see him amongst the elite in fantasy numbers as well

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re:

Thanks guys.

Kipper has been great for me, but I think this could be a good opportunity to transition into a new goaltending era. I will let you know how it goes.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am a Hiller owner and i am not concerned.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Icon

Hiller is a real good buy-low right now due to his injury situation, it's likely the cheapest you'll ever be able to acquire him. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't take much more than Kipper to get him - if I were you I would argue strongly that you can't give much more due to the injury risk, or make the deal conditional (Kipper straight up for Hiller, but with a conditional draft pick thrown in if Hiller plays at least 30 of the first 40 games, something like that).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper