Thread: Need Future Goalie

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Need Future Goalie

Looking for a Goalie or 2 for my minor league system.. Who are better overall prospects of these guys ....

Stalock SJS, J Gibson, C Gibson, Hellberg, Murphy Car, Koskinen NYI ....
    The top tier guys all seam to been grabbed.

Who looks the most promising and/or has ideal set up. Like Koskinen ecause I missed on Poulin but he is older and after 23 I cant stash him down. Thanks

Dobber Sports Giant

Stalock , J. Gibson, C. Gibson, are the 3 id look closer at.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Goalie Guild has Hellberg overr the Gibsons. Think John will be the best shot but Chris offers the most upside. His hand/eye coordination was the highest and he also has been doing great on a bad team.

Will check more into Stalock

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Koskinen has the highest upside of that bunch by quite a decent margin. Quite a ways away though (closer than the Gibsons and Hellberg though).

I'd take Stalock for a mix of readiness and LTU and Koskinen would be my choice for pure LTU.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Koskinen has the highest upside of that bunch by quite a decent margin. Quite a ways away though (closer than the Gibsons and Hellberg though).

I'd take Stalock for a mix of readiness and LTU and Koskinen would be my choice for pure LTU.
    Thanks. i like that. How far between Poulin and Koskinen?

Dobber Sports Giant

Koskinen has the highest upside of that bunch by quite a decent margin.
    I agree with Dyz here.

Stalock is ready but they have Greiss in the mix too.

I like Murphy in Carolina; not very big, but he finds a way to stop the puck. Has Pogge to compete with, but the competition should make him an even better goalie.

1) Koskinen (upside)
    2) Murphy (all-around)
    3) Stalock (NHL ready)
    4) J. Gibson (potential)
    5) Hellberg (skills)
    6) C. Gibson (skills)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Quote Originally Posted by unlisted View Post
    Thanks. i like that. How far between Poulin and Koskinen?
    Poulin's upside is a little lower, but fairly insignificant. He's closer to the show, but there's a logjam with DiPi, Montoya, Nabokov so I can't see Poulin getting a shot anytime soon unless one of the first two is moved, or Poulin himself is.

In general, I'd stay away from 2011 draftees - they don't have several years of development like the others do, and none of them are anything special and don't have the upside to warrant the wait, unlike someone such as Campbell.

Dobber Sports Ace

Poulin's upside is a little lower, but fairly insignificant. He's closer to the show, but there's a logjam with DiPi, Montoya, Nabokov so I can't see Poulin getting a shot anytime soon unless one of the first two is moved, or Poulin himself is.
    Although I agree there is a logjam on the Island, I really feel in the next year or two this will turn into the Poulin/Koskinen show with Anders Nilson in there as well.

At some point as the Isles F/D come into their own (De Haan, Hamonic, JT, Okposo, El Nino, Petrov, Kabanov, Strome etc--yes I know there are some question marks) I think the Isles will need to cut ties(losses) with DiPietro, Nabakov won't be the answer, and Montoya is getting older by these standards.

Montoya is the only one of those guys I see "potentially" there in 2 years. Even as early as this year if he falters, Poulin will be there to cash in. Koskinen has the size and pedigree to challenge Poulin, so it could still be murky, but I think it will be a combo of those two.
    My advice for the original OP:
    a) check out the Goalie Guild
    b) If you get Koskinen, acquire Poulin too
    c) Stalock as the other option I'd consider as Goldman is high on him and I'm not sold on Niemi etc so the opportunity could be there for him