Thread: Craig Anderson

Banned

Default Craig Anderson

I own him in two leagues so obviously I'm a fan but to be fair I drafted him for a song in both so I'm by no means married to him. He's kind of an enigma as a goaltender, when he's happy with his team and focused on his game he plays extremely well as we saw last season when he got traded to the Sens, he went on a tear and went 11-5 2.05GAA, .939S% and 2SO...lets be honest those are Tim Thomas numbers and on a weak team to boot.

What do you guys see for him in the near future? Does he settle in as the starter and play his breed of lights out hockey or was what we saw last year in COL a sign of a streaky goalie who can lose focus/intensity?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I own him in two leagues so obviously I'm a fan but to be fair I drafted him for a song in both so I'm by no means married to him. He's kind of an enigma as a goaltender, when he's happy with his team and focused on his game he plays extremely well as we saw last season when he got traded to the Sens, he went on a tear and went 11-5 2.05GAA, .939S% and 2SO...lets be honest those are Tim Thomas numbers and on a weak team to boot.

What do you guys see for him in the near future? Does he settle in as the starter and play his breed of lights out hockey or was what we saw last year in COL a sign of a streaky goalie who can lose focus/intensity?

I do not think you'll see those 2.05 and .939 save numbers over the course of the season.

I think at stretches he'll have some good runs like that, and then s**t the bed for a few games and back and forth. Causing headaches and frustrations.

Team was 25th in the league last year at GA 2.99/ game

Getting him for " a song" is good, just ride with him for a while and if he comes out strong or gets on a good streak, package him and deal with him for an upgrade somewhere.

I...am your father.

I think he'll come out strong and have a good, actually great, year. I'm only worried about his knee, not his play
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

Agree with Dobber that he'll have a good, maybe great, year, and with McGoo that with him it depends on how happy he is. That was a dramatic uptick in his game when he went from Colorado to Ottawa, a complete 180, so obviously he really thrived in Ottawa. 11-5-1 after arriving in Ottawa, with peripherals of 2.05 and 0.939, pretty damn good.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

how many wins do you guys project for him?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Personally I'm keeping it on the conservative side. As Shakedown mentioned, 2.05 and .939 are freakin godly numbers, and I don't expect it to stay that way, especially not in Ottawa.
    To put it in perspective, five of his 11 wins with the senators were by one goal, and another one was by two goals, even with those stellar numbers. If he slips up AT ALL then his wins take a hit

I'm not one of the guys that craps on him either though. I think he's a good goaltender and to keep it conservative I'd likely peg him at 29W with a good chance to break 30, GAA of 2.5-2.7 and a sv% of .915-.920.

But I mean if you acquired him for next to nothing I would be very pleased considering what I feel is safe to expect from him and the possibility of more.

My two cents.
    Last edited by bondon; July 22, 2011 at 9:34 AM.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Banned

thanks for the feedback guys, I'm of much the same opinion that he'll have a great year but that being on the Sens will hold him back numbers-wise. Didn't mean to suggest he'll keep that frantic pace of late last season, only that it was a great sign to see after the collapse in COL and good news for owners that he's happy in OTT and has come to play. If he can stay healthy I think he'll be a solid goalie to own

Dobber Sports Pro

I would point out that COL was/is a horrible defensive team. Not a surprise the other goalies have performed poorly there. Good luck to Varlamov. Maybe he wont repeat those stellar #'s from last season but he should post solid stats.