Thread: Vokoun vs Rinne

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Vokoun vs Rinne

I have both goalies, I have an offer brewing for Vokoun, which is the better goalie to own now in a points only league. Points for wins and shutouts. The two were close while Vokoun was in Florida, will he get more than Rinne this year in Washington?
    limited Keeper league points only , keep 9

FWDS: Tarasenko, Wheeler, Oshie, Nichuskin

Spezza, Sheifele, Kuznetsov, Duchene

DEF: Shattenkirk

GOAL: Bishop

Dobber Sports Star

Very good chance Vokoun gets more wins, but fewer shutouts. Vokoun is stepping from putting up great stats on bad teams to having one of the best teams in the NHL playing in front of him.

You can't really go wrong though... I'd imagine that they'll produce fairly similarly so I'd move whichever one gets you the better return (likely Vokoun).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah I think HPG is right (big surprise). While I think Vokoun is the best option to own when we're strictly talking about next year, the fact that he's on a one-year deal throws an aspect of the unknown into play, and I hate the unknown.

The hype around Vokoun right now is big and really isn't unwarranted in my opinion. He's shown to be one of the best goalies in the league and that was when he was on a crappy team. To me a goalie like Vokoun going to the Capitals is like a match made in heaven. Vokoun is used to getting pelted with shots, and now the Caps can be more focused on putting the pucks in the net.

Anyways, like HPG mentioned, you will likely get a better return for Vokoun, and quite honestly now could possibly be the best time to move him given the one-year deal. But it does all come down to which goalie can offer you the best return.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's hard to keep this post going when these 2 give you great advice right off the bat. Consider yourself lucky! But I'll throw a couple cents at it.

I still like Vokoun as the better keeper as I can't see him going to a crap team ever again. It would take some serious bad luck for him not to succeed in Washington and earn an elite spot there or somewhere else. He will also be motivated, as the Caps basically got him for free, to earn a proper contract. His free agency contract price was a serious insult to his ability, but maybe that was his agent's fault. What a weird July 1st this year in respect to goalies!

Another question to ask is in regards to Nashville's ability to resign Weber and find some more goal scoring.

Both are great keepers and I'd be happy with either.

I personally would roll the dice on Vokoun as he should easily hit the top 6 goalies this year in your league format.