Thread: Dynasty Goalie Help

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Dynasty Goalie Help

Im in a Dynasty League and am in need of a goalie but only goalies that are Canadian or American can be chosen. What i think is best left is Steve Mason, Craig Anderson, Tim Thomas. Im thinking Steve Mason because i still think he is good and will rebound. plus he still ended up with over a .900 save percentage as bad as people said he played last year. I am not a fan of Tim Thomas age but am not sure completely as to who to go with.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Im not Justin but if you're planning on competing in the next couple years you have to take Thomas.

I think mason is last on this list by quite a bit

Dobber Sports Genius

Mason is young and you can hope for a ride for a decade.

Thomas will give you fantastic numbers for the next couple years.

Anderson.... I just don't like Ottawa very much. Perhaps something good is in the making, but I just don't see it yet.

If in doubt, Thomas. Take the run while you can. I give him the edge. You can look to trade him for someone else that you prefer better. Not everyone is a monster Thomas fan though, surprisingly enough.

I have Mason... Cap league... I'm not sure I'd grab Thomas.

In extended stats, I think you have to go with Thomas.

I...am your father.

Put me down for Thomas, and maybe trade him midseason for a younger stud. I don't like his situation because he has the best goalie of the future behind him, so there is a danger.

Anderson will get 35 wins. Mark it! But his trade value is too low, which is why I would go with Thomas.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'd be taking Thomas too, that way if you are in the running great and if you aren't he would be great trade bait. Thomas probably has at least 2 more good years left in him. Also draft yourself a prospect goalie.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

The King of Diatribes

After what Thomas accomplished in 50-some-odd games last season, how could you possibly pass him up?

I think Dobber's predicition for Anderson reaching 35 wins is about the most he could possibly win this season. Not saying it's not possibly, just saying Anderson would have to be really consistent all season long. Remember that no goalie won 40 games last season and I don't predict any goalies winning 40 this season...for now.

But yeah, Thomas is the one to own. Is Jon Quick taken?