Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brodeur's stats in 2011-12

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Yep, but it's not reasonable to expect his first half numbers again either.
    Geezus H, I hope not. I thought I was playing net for the Devils in the first half last year.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Geezus H, I hope not. I thought I was playing net for the Devils in the first half last year.
    I thought Brodeur looked a bit different last year. I thought maybe it was a new haircut or something, but your explanation makes much more sense.

Dobber Sports Ace

The svelte physique and dashing good looks didn't throw you off? I worked hard in the offseason protecting my sandcastle from an onslaught of beach balls.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.

Banned

65 gp
    34 w
    2.41 gaa
    .912 s%
    6 so

Dobber Sports Ace

So, not sure if this deserves its own thread or not, but curious to see what others think about DeBoer as Devils coach. Positive, neutral, negative?

Any effect on the stats predictions above?

I suppose Lemaire would be the best choice, but since that wasn't going to happen you have to settle for some uncertainty. I think DeBoer will do a pretty good job. The biggest issue is signing Parise with shoring up the blueline being a strong No. 2 on the to-do list.

What say you Brodeur owners? Prediction makers?
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    So, not sure if this deserves its own thread or not, but curious to see what others think about DeBoer as Devils coach. Positive, neutral, negative?

Any effect on the stats predictions above?

I suppose Lemaire would be the best choice, but since that wasn't going to happen you have to settle for some uncertainty. I think DeBoer will do a pretty good job. The biggest issue is signing Parise with shoring up the blueline being a strong No. 2 on the to-do list.

What say you Brodeur owners? Prediction makers?
    DeBoer said he's a hybrid coach but intends to work around the defensive system employed by NJD in the past.

I'd say Brodeur's GAA sees a small hike but the players see a small hike in point production.

One thing that's always been said about DeBoer is he gets the most out of his players - so at least you can expect the players to bust their ass.

Assuming he gets along with the players, they buy into what he's preaching, etc. I'd say the Devils will be a very successful team. Their D and depth forwards still need improvement but they did alright without those second half of last season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Marty is going to have a great year in terms of where he is valued in leagues these days. Adding Parise and Larsson into the mix will have a big impact. Kovie buying into the team philosophy made them better towards the second half. DeBoer will have a whole different stable of horses to work with as opposed to his limited time in FLA and is a great fit IMO. FInally, lets not forget that Marty will be playing a bit for pride (last years first half was embarrasing) and a lot for a new contract (UFA next year) and you have the recipe for a great season. I know he is a greybeard but with the focus on fitness today he is more than capacle of putting up good numbers for a few years yet. Here are my predictions:

Games Started: 66
    Wins: 37
    GAA: 2.24
    SV% .917
    SOs: 7
    Last edited by Zangief; July 22, 2011 at 4:21 AM.

Full Keeper, 1pt G, 1pt A, 2pts W, 3pts SO
    (only count top 8F, 4D, 2G, and 1 Rookie each year)
    Separate Reg Season and Playoff Winners

F: Stamkos, Giroux, Thornton, St. Louis, Duchene, Hossa, Gaborik, Nash, M. Koivu, Briere, Ray Whitney, Franzen, Filppula, Clowe, McDonald, Read
    D: Edler, Chara, Voynov, Diaz, Larsson, Timonen
    G: Holtby, Niemi, Bryzgalov, Brodeur, Ramo, Vasilevski
    Farm (Rookies): Schultz, Conacher, Forsberg