Thread: Neuvirth + for Howard

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Neuvirth + for Howard

Looking to make some deals so I don't have to drop some solid talent and was thinking I could use Neuvirth and a player to upgrade my goalies.

First of all, do you think Neuvirth will surpass Howard in the next three seasons?

Second, who do you think I should/would have to combine with Neuvirth to get Howard; between;

Cammalleri, Franzen, Downie, Voracek

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Looking to make some deals so I don't have to drop some solid talent and was thinking I could use Neuvirth and a player to upgrade my goalies.

First of all, do you think Neuvirth will surpass Howard in the next three seasons?

Second, who do you think I should/would have to combine with Neuvirth to get Howard; between;

Cammalleri, Franzen, Downie, Voracek

Howard more value this coming season in Detroit than Neuvirth has with Vokoun in town. So for one year I def want Howard. Gotta see how things play out in Washington. Also Howard may or may not be the long term answer in Detroit.

I think if u have a solid shot to " WIN" this year you make a deal for Howard and just see how things go from there. You could part with Franzen, you have quite a bit of depth at RW

Dobber Sports Genius

As a Howard owner, I concede that he isn't an elite tender, but he is in an elite situation. That's always a bit of a volatile combination. However, when one gets the chance again-and-again, one also may step up if hard work is always at the back bone of things. The .908 save percentage last year is concerning, however he was .924 the year before. Of course, there is always the talk that he gives up the bad goal. It appears that 2012 will be another turn at the wheel for Howard.

Neuvirth. Lots of good stuff, but .914 save percentage is pretty average. Given the reins last year when the going got tough. He's been spectacular in the AHL in the critical moments. Vokoun will certainly not asset him this coming year, but he may be an excellent influence in helping Neuvy find his career path. Until Neuvirth starts 60 games, he isn't a starter. He's another year removed. I might consider getting on the Neuvy train next April, but not today. (I have him in one pool). Vokoun has been elite and durable. He's obviously got winning Stanley in mind. If he's successful, the Caps may be enthused to keep him around.

Why would the other team in your league consider? If he doesn't demand a super elite prospect or another very solid piece, he has little chance to win the deal.