Thread: Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Bobrovsky

Anyone see a fit for him that would make him a good keeper guy again? http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...ove_bobrovsky/
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by A Watch View Post
    Anyone see a fit for him that would make him a good keeper guy again? http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...ove_bobrovsky/
    Potential fits:

Tampa Bay - Roloson and Garon are not long-term fixes
    Edmonton - Bulin is a stopgap so they could use another one in the mix
    Detroit - No backup signed yet
    Toronto - Can Gustavsson really bounce back?
    Phoenix - Smith and Labarbera are underwhelming as a duo.

Edit: Some potential fits involve little-to-no time in the NHL next season but as a keeper could put him in a favourable position for future years.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

30 team Dynasty simulation league where you keep the players as long as they do not become UFAs in the NHL...I am up next in our draft and am wondering who has the most value in the near future out of the following:

Sergei Bobrovsky
    Duncan Siemans
    Jonas Brodin
    Jamieson Oleksiak

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    30 team Dynasty simulation league where you keep the players as long as they do not become UFAs in the NHL...I am up next in our draft and am wondering who has the most value in the near future out of the following:

Sergei Bobrovsky
    Duncan Siemans
    Jonas Brodin
    Jamieson Oleksiak
    If you're asking who is more valuable in the near future, how about the guy that's already in the NHL?

Dobber Sports Icon

Those are my thoughts exactly which is why I am heavily leaning towards picking Bobrovsky but wanted to see if others agree with me.

Administrator

Those are my thoughts exactly which is why I am heavily leaning towards picking Bobrovsky but wanted to see if others agree with me.
    I just don't see a scenario where any of the other three are in the NHL for at least 2 years.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I believe that Bobrovsky's already better than either of Phoenix's goaltenders.

I think he could go there and start for them, ...anywhere else Tampa for instance, he'd have to wait a year or so, but to me he looks like a guy that will be a very good starter.

His cap hit may work against him for some teams (1.7M), but I believe his actual salary is only 900k so, for a financial strapped team, he'd seem to be an attractive option.

I think there's still a few trades to be made out there, and it's conceivable, and probably more likely that Bobrovsky winds serving an apprenticeship for a year or two before he gets the role, ...but he handled 60 games for a cup contending team before wearing down in his first season, and put up some pretty good numbers, ...he'll have a better understanding of the workload and what he needs to do to handle it, and a year's experience under his belt this season.

I think right now, his poor playoff, more importantly his team's poor playoff, the signing of Bryzgalov and his lack of a role, coupled with all the publicity the Flyers goaltending has gotten, and now the rumors of him being shopped, ...have all served to temporarily run down the value of an excellent, very close to ready goaltending prospect, and have made him a classic example of the "buy low" opportunity.

I'm hoping to be able to grab him for my own team, ...figuring he may get a shot at making a strong contribution this year, ...but that I'll more than likely have to wait another year or so, ....kind of on par with guys like Bernier, Scheider, Markstrom and Rask.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)