Thread: Would you trade Lundqvist STRAIGHT UP for Luongo?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Would you trade Lundqvist STRAIGHT UP for Luongo?

10 team regular season partial-keeper pool. Each team keeps 1 goalie.

4 H2H Goalie Categories: Wins, GAA, SV%, Shutouts

I currently have Lundqvist, but have the opportunity to trade him straight up for Luongo.
    Would you do this trade if you were me? thanks
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post

I currently have Lundqvist, but have the opportunity to trade him straight up for Luongo.

Keeper league? Absolutely no way I do this movel, just look at the age difference.

One year? Possibly because the Canucks will have more wins.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Giant

no way, unless you count playoffs.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ace

Keep Lundqvist.

He's a bit younger and he'll start more games.

Unless the Canucks move Schneider, you can expect him to get 20-25 starts..maybe more.

The days of Luongo getting 65-70 starts in a season are over, while Lundqvist remains firmly in that category. That's a big factor.

Granted, the Canucks will win a lot of those games...but Lundqvist is the better play here.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Keeper league? Absolutely no way I do this movel, just look at the age difference.

One year? Possibly because the Canucks will have more wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    no way, unless you count playoffs.
    Both of these things -- one year, with playoffs -- would have to be true for me to consider making that trade.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Agreed, keep Lundqvist but this is closer than this thread indicates.

I think Luongo may be getting undervalued a bit (maybe the last playoff chokage has something to do with it?). Let's look at the last five years:

Lundqvist (age 29)
    35-38 Wins
    2.23-2.43 GAA
    .912-.923 SV%
    3-10 SU

Luongo (age 32)
    33-47 Wins (47 an outlier, likely won't happen again as Schneider is getting more starts)
    2.11-2.57 GAA
    .913-.928 SV%
    4-9 SU

These are stellar stats on both sides. Lundqvist's range is smaller as he is slightly more consistent but look at Luongo's numbers. Thoroughly impressive. Seems that age (3 years) and the fact that Luongo has Schneider to take away starts (although that may not be a long-term issue as the latter is likely to get traded at some point) are the two factors weighing in favour of Lundqvist. But that is a very close one.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, I gotta say no dice here too.

Another thing to consider is that as long as Schneider is there, Luongo will see less starts than Lundqvist who is a workhorse. Even if Schneider is moved I don't think the Canucks will want to play Luongo for more than 60 games unless they have to.

Lundqvist is leaned on a little more on the Rangers I think, mainly because a large number of nights he has to steal the game in order for them to win. The acquisition of Richards may change that dynamic but I think for now given the situation I"ll say keep Lundqvist.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm not sure what age factor really plays into this discussion. It is fabulously difficult to project the aging process for different players. There has been recent concern with Luongo. Will he fully rebound to the Ultra-Elite status of times gone by. There is no concern at this time for Lundy, and nor should there be.

I see this as very close.

Luongo doesn't need to play 70 games to keep up with Lundy, as the Canucks are a much better club. 60 games should do the trick. It's also reasonable to wonder that over the long haul, that Schneider will be moved along. It is less likely that Luongo moves along. With Eddie Lack in the background, the Canucks have to be curious to find their own Varly style deal (a pick that is potentially in the lottery). Additionally, there are many veteran backups are now in the million dollar window.

I think most will agree that Lundy is the better goaltender at this time, but Fantasy works on multiple factors where goaltenders are concerned. Wins, SO and save percentage are all affected by the team. The Rangers did an excellent job achieving with the resources at hand last year. Will landing Richards take them to a new level, or simply allow them to maintain their achievements? I feel much better about them as a 100 point team today, than I did just a month ago.

I suspect I'd take Lundy, but if the other guy sweetened the pot, I might just grab the Luongo side.

Dobber Sports Genius

The more I contemplate this, the more I know I would take Lundy. The primary reason being Luongo's multiple wiggle waggles this year. He struggled to find top form at the beginning of the year and then again at the end of the year. This isn't a death knell. However, it may (or may not) be a warning. One must listen to the warnings. Eventually, they will ring true.

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks gents for the advice. Great points.

I also think the difference between the two is quite close due to the stats in my pool relating a lot to not just the goalie's individual succes, but the team's success as well. It remains to be seen the effect Richards will have on the Rangers team success though. Also, as stated...Schneider lurking in the background stealing starts vs Biron who is a temporary backup shifts things in Lundy's favour as well. Being only 3 years apart I don't find age to be that huge of a deciding factor.

I'm going to keep Lundy, who most of all I truly believe is individually the more skilled goalie than Luongo and not pursue the trade unless the GM who I'm trading with sweetens the pot a bit and gives me Luongo + for Lundy.

Now... I'm working on the Lundqvist owner in my other pool (the one listed in my sig) as I own Luongo in that one, but would love to acquire The King

Thanks again!
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks gents for the advice. Great points.

I also think the difference between the two is quite close due to the stats in my pool relating a lot to not just the goalie's individual succes, but the team's success as well. It remains to be seen the effect Richards will have on the Rangers team success though. Also, as stated...Schneider lurking in the background stealing starts vs Biron who is a temporary backup shifts things in Lundy's favour as well. Being only 3 years apart I don't find age to be that huge of a deciding factor.

I'm going to keep Lundy, who most of all I truly believe is individually the more skilled goalie than Luongo and not pursue the trade unless the GM who I'm trading with sweetens the pot a bit and gives me Luongo + for Lundy.

Now... I'm working on the Lundqvist owner in my other pool (the one listed in my sig) as I own Luongo in that one, but would love to acquire The King

Thanks again!
    I think you did the right thing (as do most others who replied)....the Rangers, if they can lock up all the remaining players will be a much improved team this season. Although I did hear that Dubi and Cally may be headed to arbitration?! Either way, I would have voted in favor of Lundy. Good luck in your quest to land Lundy in the other league.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Banned

I invariably take the better goalie...esp when its close. In this case its Lundy hands down

Dobber Sports Initiate

Big Fat NO!!!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Yeah, I gotta say no dice here too.

Another thing to consider is that as long as Schneider is there, Luongo will see less starts than Lundqvist who is a workhorse. Even if Schneider is moved I don't think the Canucks will want to play Luongo for more than 60 games unless they have to.

Lundqvist is leaned on a little more on the Rangers I think, mainly because a large number of nights he has to steal the game in order for them to win. The acquisition of Richards may change that dynamic but I think for now given the situation I"ll say keep Lundqvist.
    Yup, ditto this for me.