Thread: Keep Holtby still? In contention in 11-12

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keep Holtby still? In contention in 11-12

I've contended for the past two years in my keeper (championship 1st year, came in 2nd the next year) and most likely in contention for 2011-12. Knowing where Vokoun (yes I have him!) is now, do I cut ties with Holtby or keep him and drop Montoya? Anyone else you feel I should drop instead of Holtby?
    16 Team Dynasty H2H w/Daily Changes
    G A Ttl Pts (+/-) PIM PPP SHP GWG SOG
    W GAA SV% SHO
    Keep 22 (3 C, 3 W,4 D, 2 G, 10 B)
    Farm Keep 20

C: Backstrom, Eichel, Kopitar
    W: P. Kane, Wheeler, Hoffman
    D: Josi, Keith, Schultz
    G: Holtby, Murray, Ward
    B: Staal, Stastny, Nielsen, Lowry, Fabbri, Andrighetto, Rielly, Vatanen, Green, Goligoski
    Farm: Marner, Werenski, Konecny, Guentzel, Kaprizov, Labanc, Raddysh, Terry, Senyshyn, Vesey, Dotchin, Guhle, Walman, Zboril, Dell, Grubauer, Merzlikins, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm confused. Your league setting states "Daily Rotation / No limit keeper" so why do you want to drop Holtby? I consider him one of the top 3 goalie prospects so if you can stash him away for a year or two, you'll be rewarded. I would also keep Montoya. With DiPietro destined to spend at least half of next season on the IR, Montoya should see a decent number of starts. Having three starters in daily rotation is huge.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Apologies, the no limit keeper was misleading, I have changed it. There is a cap to 25 players, thereby keeping Holtby (and him playing in the AHL next season) may limit a scoring forward opportunity on my team.
    16 Team Dynasty H2H w/Daily Changes
    G A Ttl Pts (+/-) PIM PPP SHP GWG SOG
    W GAA SV% SHO
    Keep 22 (3 C, 3 W,4 D, 2 G, 10 B)
    Farm Keep 20

C: Backstrom, Eichel, Kopitar
    W: P. Kane, Wheeler, Hoffman
    D: Josi, Keith, Schultz
    G: Holtby, Murray, Ward
    B: Staal, Stastny, Nielsen, Lowry, Fabbri, Andrighetto, Rielly, Vatanen, Green, Goligoski
    Farm: Marner, Werenski, Konecny, Guentzel, Kaprizov, Labanc, Raddysh, Terry, Senyshyn, Vesey, Dotchin, Guhle, Walman, Zboril, Dell, Grubauer, Merzlikins, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well, if you want to add a scoring forward to boost your chances next year, I would drop Poulin rather than Holtby.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Well, if you want to add a scoring forward to boost your chances next year, I would drop Poulin rather than Holtby.
    I'll second that and, if you want an answer to your either/or question for Holtby/Montoya, it's Montoya that I would drop. Cool name, but doesn't stack up against Holtby.

"My name is Alvaro Montoya. You killed my father in a shootout. Prepare to die." - With apologies to Princess Bride director Rob Reiner.

If you think that Montoya could be the No. 1 on the Island this season and help you win, then Poulin is your drop. I don't see the Islanders giving him too much playing time in the NHL.
    Last edited by Scribe; July 5, 2011 at 10:12 PM.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe