Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Free Agency Mailbag

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by joos View Post
    I have Neuvirth, Halak and Luongo on my team listed in league 1 in siggy.

I also have the 1st overall which means Bryz.

I can only carry 3 goalies... Who should I move? It is a salary cap league as well. (77.5 mill)
    Wins and shots against (unless that SA is saves) as categories mean Neuvirth is the best goalie to let go in this situation. I guess I'd need to know more about your salary structure, but if you are already set on Bryz, then it doesn't matter how much salary you shed.

I expect Halak to play more consistently than last season, and I don't expect Neuvirth to play more than 40 games. So you'll get a lot more out of Bryz/Halak/Luongo.

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minutes For Bearding View Post
    what do you see as realistic stats for craig anderson this year? say in terms of GP, W, GAA & SV%.

thanks for fielding these!
    I try not to make too many projections until Dobber's Fantasy Guide comes out, but I would say 60 games played would be a good sign he's healthy and steady. That means he would earn right around 35 wins, maybe an average 2.55 GAA, but a very solid .918 save percentage. That's if he gets plenty of support, good rest, he's challenged by a steady Alex Auld and stays healthy and positive.

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks Justin.

SA is saves. We use real salaries with a cap @ 77.5. Cap space is important and Bryz @ 10 mill, while doable, is not fun lol. With a trio of Halak, Luongo and Bryz... I could be committing around 20 mill on goalies. I think it might be overkill but its surely something I could possibly do.

Even with a duo of Halak and Luongo, I wouldn't necessary need Neuvirth to play that much. I guess my question would be, who's the best bang of their buck?

Halak @ 3.5
    Luongo @ 6.7
    Bryz @ 10
    Neuvirth @ 1.5
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

The King of Diatribes

OK that makes more sense. I took from your first post that you were all set on drafting Bryzgalov first overall, and thus had to drop another goalie.

That being said, I would stay with what you have. I also like the option presented by holdup where you look to trade down for someone who is desperate.

Otherwise, be confident that your three current goalies of Luongo and Halak, with Neuvy as your #3, will get the job done.

SA usually = shots against
    SV usually = saves

so thanks for clarifying that for me!