Thread: Pavelec next season

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Pavelec next season

How will Pavelec do this coming year? I realize the teams havent taken shape so much yet, but Im thinking about goalies to try and go after for my salary cap league. Pavelec's salary is extremely low, 1.3 IIRC, so he's an intriguing option. What kind of wins/shutouts do you guys see for him next season?
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Pavelec

Pavelec is hard to read dude. He's streaky and usually has an impressive run early. It's even hard to say how many games he'll be playing next year as he hasn't carried the load for a full season as a #1......bu the whole team should be better in a new hockey focused environment.

I see him putting up 28 - 32 wins with about 6 shut outs. At least I'm hoping so. I own him in a keeper league!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I've said this in many threads - Pavelec's talent has never been in question, his biggest struggle has been consistency.

He's still young so expect that to improve with time. Expect something similiar to last season, though maybe less extreme (his cold streak shouldn't be as bad as the entire team just bottomed out in the second half).

Dobber Sports Ace

Don't forget how amazing his hot streak last year was... he literally carried my team for a stint, and this with no expectations for him - from me anyway.

As far as no experience as the true #1 for the entire season... that is exactly what he did last season. And if not for passing out at the start, Enstrom's time away, and Buffy the Blue-line Slayer's MIA period... Pavs would have been a top 10 goalie in my league's settings - easily!!

Watch this option... the team might just get off to a great start with the Winnipeg fever and sold-out support... This kind of start could catapult Ondrej to a fantastic season. He also has a couple of breakout potentials playing in front of him. I just wish they'd sign one veteran playmaker this summer.

As mentioned by Dyzfunctioned... only a consistency issue here. But even then, he really has no competition for the #1 role.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

The Wolverine

I think stickboy's projections seems like a fair one to me. Last season was his first full one, and considering his hot start and cold finish, he still ended up with respectable numbers: 21 wins, 2.73 GAA, .914 SV% and 4 SHO. Give him another year's experience and I could see him improving on them. With a new environment, another season where the core gels and gains more experience, they become more consistent and remain healthy (e.g. Enstrom), then I can see a solid season for Pavelec.