Thread: james reimer

Dobber Sports Novice

Default james reimer

what kind of upside does everyone think this guy has.. or is he a one hit wonder.. who's had potential brilliant half season... and that's all??
    10 GMs Dynasty league

6fwds,4dmen,2goalies dressed/wk, last 4 wks of reg season is playoffs and up to 18reserves
    goals (6pts),ppg(+4),shg(+9)
    ass (3pts)
    +/- (1pt)
    goalie: wins (10pts),s/o (+5),shoot out lose (3pts)

fwds:toews,lucic,michalek,couture,kesler,iginla
    dman:kronwall,keith,weber,garrison
    goal: lundqvist, kippersoff

reserves:
    (g)schneider,bachman,backstrom,S.mason
    (d)gonchar,giordano,da haan,bergeron
    (f)alfredsson,glencross,grabovski,weiss,pavelski,b urrows,tatar,stalberg,elias,cole

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've watched him for 3 years... He isn't a 1 hit wounder, he is a solid tender...

That said he isn't a star so don't treat him like that... and I've been telling people EXPECT the sophmore slump, it should hit him.

He's the guy you can rely on night in and night out to keep you in a game, every now and then take over a game... but not be a superstar.

If your willing to wait on him or take a chance thats the best advise towards drafting him in a keeper lg, If your looking to trade for him, I'll bet his value drops as one of 3 things materialize: he struggles and gets a backup role or even reassigned, The Leafs crap the bed, or Gustavsson elevates his game. In which case he'd be a good buy low to take a chance on.

Watching him I've been questioning myself on weather he is a main starter, 1A/B tandam goalie or a reliable backup that can take over as needed. The more I see him I start thinking Hedberg, C. Mason, Garon... But I do like him and hope for him to be like Lundqvist, Backstrom, Voukon and with any stroke of luck reach the Brodure, Loungo, Miller level...

Hope that helps anyone asking question on him.
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Banks View Post
    But I do like him and hope for him to be like Lundqvist, Backstrom, Voukon and with any stroke of luck reach the Brodure, Loungo, Miller level...

Hope that helps anyone asking question on him.
    Hope for him to be like one of the better goalies in the world (Lundy, Miller, Lou, etc)?...sure. Unrealistic hopes? You better believe it.

I see Reimer as a decent starter, but definitely not a superstar or anything.

He will be the leafs starter for the forseeable future unless something completely out of left field happens.
    16 Team H2H Full Keeper: G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, FW, GAA, SV%, W, SV, SO
    Start: 4c, 4lw, 4rw, 6d, 2g, 8 bench

Center: Eichel, Scheifele, Nelson, Pirri
    Left Wing: Huberdeau, Hoffman (C/LW), Maroon, Soderberg (C/LW)
    Right Wing: Kessel, Little (C/RW), Nyquist (C/RW), Zucarrello (LW/RW)
    Defense: Karlsson, Carlson, Savard, Stone, Petry, McNabb
    Goalie: Bishop, Anderson, Raanta
    Bench: Lander, JT Miller, Eakin, Gerbe (C/LW), Dorsett, Jurco, Coyle (C/RW)

Farm: Gormley, S. Morin, Paquette, Weal, Poirier, Vesey, Goldobin, Fiala, Sprong, Copp, Griffith, Stolarz (G), Visentin (G), Bibeau (G), S. Williams (G)

Dobber Sports Expert

Regardless of where you peg Reimer as a G he has something I haven't seen often and that is a fiery compete level that he brings every night. In that way he reminds me of T. Thomas. When the confidence is there he can be brilliant. If not, he can look brutal.

We'll likely see some of the inconsistencies over the next season, but if he can find a calm spot in his mind that allows him to ride the ups and downs of the season I think people will be surprised at how valuable he is...despite his lack of 'elite' ability.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask