Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Stud

The Jets struggles continue with the loss last night in New Jersey. The front game of the back-to-back was a success, however, the Jets still only managed to scored twice while playing in Ottawa. In the back end game in Jersey last night, the Jets scored once in a losing effort.

In 8 games this month, the Jets have only scored 12 times. The scoring isn't really spread out either. Ladd and Wheeler both have 3 of the 12 goals. The defense has scored 3 of the 12 goals. And Stapleton, Fehr, and Miettinen have combined for the other 3 of 12 goals.

Simply put, guys like Stapleton, Fehr, and Miettinen aren't expected to consistently put up points. With Wheeler being injured, it's no help to the offense, however, they must find a way to score without him.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; January 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm sorry I haven't been posting as often, as in-depth, and as much as I did. I've been getting settled in with school with the new semester rolling in.

I'd just like to quickly comment on the game against Buffalo. The Jets played really well and it was a HUGE bonus to have Wheeler back in the lineup. There are still some struggling forwards, but there is no better time than to get back on track tonight.

Bogosian will be back in the lineup as the Jets host the Panthers in a huge, huge matchup. Derek Meech was waived, cleared waivers, and is in the AHL with St. Johns. Patrice Cormier is back on the roster and could be in the lineup tonight.

Evander Kane is out with a concussion.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; January 21, 2012 at 7:09 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

The Jets did everything, pulled out all the stops, and dominated Florida only to lose in the shootout. It was a disappointing loss in a big divional game that would have brought Winnipeg closer to first place. It's hard for me to blame them when they absolutely dominated Florida all regulation long, but failed to put it away eventually losing in the shootout. The shots were in tremendous favor of Winnipeg, but the score was in favor of Florida. It was certainly a game Florida should have got blown out in, not win. Pavelec gift wraped a couple of goals while one of them was off a brutal turnover or miscommunication which lead to the turnover. Antropov brought his A game by scored twice, and looked sharp throughout the game. All in all, Pavelec needs to be better especially when the offense decides to show up and outshoot the opponent by 21.

Big games like the one against Florida have always killed the Thrashers. It seems the trend is carrying over. Only this time the Jets showed up for the big game, but lost anyway. A back-to-back before the All Star break will be a make or break type back-to-back. Will they show up and pick up where they left off against Florida? Or will the play heavily favor their opponents?

Tonight, Chris Mason will be in goal as the Jets face the Hurricanes. Mason is 3-0 against the Hurricanes this season, and has been an overall impressive back up goalie to Pavelec.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; January 23, 2012 at 5:41 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

The Jets outplayed the Hurricanes last night and lost. The same story as the game before against Florida.

It keeps getting worse for the Jets. Kane has been placed on IR. Aaron Gagnon has been recalled from the Ice Caps.

I hate to say it, but we are not going to last without our offensive star. I think the best bet for the team is to pack it up and hope for a Yakupov. Too many 3rd/4th liners and AHLers on this team right now with the injuries.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Okay so I'm back from the All Star break and ready to kick off the coverage again!

The Jets are back in action tonight in Philly where they take on a team that they've dominated for the past three years. The Jets have won 9 of the last 10 games against the Flyers, a team that they've struggled mightily against in the early part of their existence. The tides turned in favor of the Jets three years ago when they swept the Flyers in the four game season series, and continued the dominance the following seasons icluding this season where the Jets have won the first two game of the four game series. Both games earlier in the season have been thrills for the offense and nightmares for the goalies. The Jets won by the score of 9-8 in the first meeting, and by the score of 6-4 the second time around.

Realistically, it would take some sort of miracle by standards of this franchise for the Jets to make the playoffs. Judging from the past teams that have made the playoffs, the Jets could only lose about 10 more games from here on out to have a realistic shot at the playoffs. The team isn't quite ready to go on a role like that, and further more the injuries will hurt them from winning games as well.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

I've written my first B/R article. It was my post game on the game last night.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ver-the-flyers

I'm not sure if I will be writing post game articles often on B/R, but I will use it to write bigger articles.

I'll still be doing all post games here in this forum. When I do write a more in-depth article on the Jets, I'll be sure to let everyone know. I'll be writing a lot of fantasy based Jets articles as well for the Dobber members!
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Pro

We are still quite a few players away from a playoff team. Interesting to see how the Thrashers/Jets have dominated Philly.

I hope we ship a few players out at the deadline and shoot for a top 5 draft pick.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Stud

I just wrote an article about the playoffs. Are the Jets capable of winning the Southeast division? It's a close race. Realistically I think not, but you never know. There's more of a chance they make the playoffs than win the division. We just aren't that deep of a team, and have too many injuries.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...heast-division
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Dustin Byfuglien has returned.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Alex Burmistrov has returned. Scratch that, Pavelec will get the nod.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

A huge, huge, huge win for the Jets!

Dustin Byfuglien looked very confident in his return. He played well and wasn't afraid to join the rush. He was buzzing.

Blake Wheeler contributed with a multi-point game. He scored and assisted on the game winner. Wheeler widens his point lead to 35.

Burmistrov returned from injury and continues to be misused by Noel. Don't expect any fantasy production from him for the remainder of the season.

Ondrej Pavelec is just a monster in net. He continues to perform like a top-tier goalie.

The Jets are going to be in for a good one tomorrow night in Florida. It could very well determine their fate.

For more postgame reactions, check out my articles on B/R.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

The Jets have not looked good at all.

It's almost impossible for me to report anything. With the lack of goals, there isn't much fantasy relevance.

Evander Kane is needed back in the lineup. It's getting to the point where if he doesn't return, we may as well tank.

The Jets are closer to the lottery than playoffs as of now. It may not be a bad idea to just be hopeful for a lottery pick, and hope we actually win it.

A forward is going to have to be drafted again. We need the depth. We need to continue building from within and doing it the right way.

The Jets are fading fast. It is getting closer to that time of the year again. I'm used to looking forward to the draft in February. This is all too familiar for me.

However, there is an eight-game homestand upcoming. But it would still be virtually impossible to give faith to the fans unless they win at least seven of eight. Nothing short of as the Jets are already far off from the playoffs as is.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm the guy that wanted to put Yakupov's name on the back of my blank Jets jersey back in October. They played too well to let me do that. That's due to us, the fans, I figure.

But this incarnation of the Jets is coming back to Earth, and we shouldn't be surprised.

Ladd, Little, Wheeler: none of them are really first-line material. They're a great second line though. Maybe Wheeler, if he somehow learns hockey sense, could be a first-liner. Little is very good, but still not a legitimate first-liner on any other team. Ladd's Stanley Cup experience doesn't bear up well under a microscope. A decent second-liner.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan. I live here. I'm going to games. I'm throwing my money at this team.

But I'm not optimistic about our chances for this year, or for several years. I figure by the time Scheifele's on the 2nd line, we'll be contending. That's 2-3 years out, and depends largely on good GM-ing in the interim.

Fantasy-wise, Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian are good owns. Stuart maybe, if you count plus/minus and/or PIMs. Flood won't be bad. Hainsey? Good enough defensively, but boring in fantasy. Plus/minus, maybe.

Me? I like Burmistrov's upside. I traded for him in my deep keeper, and I'm very happy. He's Kovalchuk-smooth, and Datsyuk-responsible. I'm putting his name on my previously blank jersey. (I'm ignoring the rumours that he's exposed himself to the girls school across his street. He's a young man, after all.)

I don't post often, but when I do, I'm usually wrong. My 2 cents, worth less.

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with you. The fans have been a major part of the success at home. The players feed off that energy and it shows. It shows that they aren't any good away from home ice.

Expectations should be low. I never expected a playoff run or even a .500 or better season. If the team finishes over .500 that would exceed my expectations by a great deal and should be thought of as a great season for this franchise by not just me, but by the majority of the fans. You can't please everyone.

Again, I've followed the franchise for 10 seasons in Atlanta. Winnipeg-based fans that didn't know much about the Thrashers might see things differently, but my expectations are always low because of the previous seasons of failures.

In the past they've taken baby steps. Now it seems like things will come along smoother and faster in terms of success. I certainly like what I see, but just like previous years, the inconsistency is still there.

I believe if we continue drafting well, and the management continues to do what management in Atlanta couldn't do, then we will see success soon. Until then, my expectations are low.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Evander Kane set to return to the lineup tonight.
    Go Jets Go