Page 18 of 105 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Sounds like Scheifele has looked good early in his return to the Colts. 2 goals, 6 assists for 8 points and +2 in 3 games played.

Found this quote (via a link from Youngblood's OHL rundown) about Scheifele after Barrie's last game, a 5-1 win over Windsor:

Mark Scheifele, Jets – Scheifele was the best player on the ice, in my opinion. He created so many chances for himself and his teammates that I lost count. He was dishing tape-to-tape passes all night long and he even potted a goal of his own. Scheifele was very consistent from shift-to-shift and was a force all throughout the game. He did, however, lose his cool at times as he didn’t like it when the Spitfires tried to push him around. Heck, Scheifele was even involved in a line brawl. It was great to see him stand up for himself. If he didn’t/doesn’t stand up for himself, he’ll be pushed around all year long.
    Great to hear he's sticking up for himself. We caught glimpses of this in the last game or two he played in the NHL, as he was seen pushing and shoving after whistles, etc. I think this is terrific, as early on he looked intimidated. If he comes back next year with more physicality and strength he should do very well.

http://thehockeyguys.net/ohl-prospec...-barrie-colts/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Thanks for the update on Scheifele. I really hope he turns into something special for the jets as 1) I own him, and 2) he was an out of nowhere pick and the jets passed on a lot of quality guys for him.

Dobber Sports Stud

Good win for the Jets tonight in Florida although they played a very inconsistent game.

The Jets won in a shootout with the final score being 4-3.

-Kyle Wellwood now leads the team in goals with 5. He also notched an assist, and the game winner in the shootout. Surprisingly, at least for me, Wellwood is playing some real good hockey.

-Evander Kane had a two goal game. He came up clutch late in the third period to tie it. Overall, Kane is looking much better and looks like he really is progressing. He was the best forward in tonight's game. Could've easily had a hat trick.

-Zach Bogosian continues to play much better as well. He had two assists tonight, and played very well defensively.

-Nik Antropov is now the team point leader with 10 points in 11 games. It looks like Antropov is in line for a huge bounce back season and could very well end up with close to his career high of 67 points from two years ago. He's in line for a career year.

INJURY REPORT
    Enstrom got hit by Skille and was taken out of the game. No word yet if he will miss time. I didn't think it looked serious, but the hit was bad, a somewhat cheap hit to the head. However, word is there could be possible suspensions given out to Skill for the hit on Enstrom, or to Upshall for a hit on Evander Kane.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; October 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Kane finally got some ice time tonight and responded with 2 goals, +1, 6 SOG, and 4 Hits.

Wake up Noel!

Edit: also Antro was 1/11 on the draw... brutal!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Kane finally got some ice time tonight and responded with 2 goals, +1, 6 SOG, and 4 Hits.

Wake up Noel!

Edit: also Antro was 1/11 on the draw... brutal!
    Antro was never good on draws. We used to have him play wing, and than rush over to the middle after the faceoff to get back to center. He's been outstanding in every other aspect of his game.
    Go Jets Go

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Antro was never good on draws. We used to have him play wing, and than rush over to the middle after the faceoff to get back to center. He's been outstanding in every other aspect of his game.
    Not denying that, just saying he shouldn't be taking draws regardless.

Dobber Sports Genius

Definitely Kane's best game, and I thought that Ladd played his best game of the season, too. Nice to see him put the beats to Skille after the Enstrom hit.

It's also nice to see that Little has significantly improved in the face-off circle. Solid game all around.

Dobber Sports Stud

Enstrom is going to be out for 2-4 weeks.

I'd like to see Paul Postma get a recall.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Enstrom is going to be out for 2-4 weeks.

I'd like to see Paul Postma get a recall.
    Sad to hear, but could it be what Bogosian have been waiting for to step up?

Dobber Sports Genius

Ugh. That sucks for the Jets AND my fantasy squad.

I'd kind of like to see Postma, too, although listening to local radio today they were speculating it could be Festerling, because he's more reliable defensively. Apparently Postma is looking good offensively (no surprise), but he's been benched one game already for weak defensive play. He's got 8 points in 10 games, but he's a -3, while Festerling has 4 points in 11, and is a +1. The idea is they'd sooner give the extra offensive duties to someone like Bogosian and maybe Oduya and bring in a stable Festerling, rather than bring in a defensively shaky Postma.

Guess we'll find out soon enough what they decide.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Definitely Kane's best game, and I thought that Ladd played his best game of the season, too. Nice to see him put the beats to Skille after the Enstrom hit.

That was Byfuglien, not Ladd. It was hilarious to see the look of sheer terror on Skille's face after he made the hit and then saw Byfuglien coming towards him!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

Going to be interesting to see what a Byfuglien/Bogosian back end can do on the PP. Expect lots of shots but some (many) shorthanded chances the other way.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Going to be interesting to see what a Byfuglien/Bogosian back end can do on the PP. Expect lots of shots but some (many) shorthanded chances the other way.
    I mentioned in the other thread about his injury, I would think twice before playing Pavelec nowadays..their defense was bad enough losing their best D is ginna only make it worse.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    That was Byfuglien, not Ladd. It was hilarious to see the look of sheer terror on Skille's face after he made the hit and then saw Byfuglien coming towards him!
    Byfuglien came in and roughed up Skille immediately after the hit, but it was Ladd that dropped the gloves with him.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Byfuglien came in and roughed up Skille immediately after the hit, but it was Ladd that dropped the gloves with him.
    Sorry Cascade, I stand corrected. Still funny to see Skille's "deer in headlights" look thing though, when Big Buff first skated in there.