Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    As much as I liked the Ladd-Little-Wheeler line last year, it really hasn't looked that great IMO.

And as stated before, Noel really needs to rework his pairings/lines.
    Noel had Scheifele between Wheeler and Ladd near the end of the game and it didn't seem any worse than any of the other lines. Could be decent with some familiarity.

This teams problem is defence. Last year they were 29th in goals against. No changes were made to that D corps, so what do they expect, instant improvement just because of a move?

They also need to actually start banging bodies and playing gritty. It's like watching a womens hockey game out there...
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DonKarnage View Post
    Noel had Scheifele between Wheeler and Ladd near the end of the game and it didn't seem any worse than any of the other lines. Could be decent with some familiarity.

This teams problem is defence. Last year they were 29th in goals against. No changes were made to that D corps, so what do they expect, instant improvement just because of a move?

They also need to actually start banging bodies and playing gritty. It's like watching a womens hockey game out there...
    The thing is, they're not even playing upon the few strengths the team had last year - ie: Buffy and Enstrom, Kane with Burmy, etc. The only thing they've kept intact that had success last year is Ladd-Little-Wheeler

Banned

Dobber Sports Stud

Evander Kane is out of the lineup tonight with an injury.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Ninja

I figure the folks here in this thread might be better able to answer my question.

What the hell is up with Ladd? Is it just me or does he just really suck out there right now? It just seems to me like he doesn't really have the drive/fight in him that I thought he had last year. I see him doing a lot of coasting/reaching instead of hustling.

Thoughts Jets faithful?

Edit: Hah, just after I post this Ladd has a really good two whacks at a puck in front of Fleury. Would still like your thoughts thought folks!
    Last edited by bondon; October 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Both Scheifele and MacLean with very low ice times tonight. Looks more and more like Scheifele will be sent down. But what of MacLean? He can't be sent down without being put on waivers again. What's the outlook on him?

Thanks for your insight in advance.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I figure the folks here in this thread might be better able to answer my question.

What the hell is up with Ladd? Is it just me or does he just really suck out there right now? It just seems to me like he doesn't really have the drive/fight in him that I thought he had last year. I see him doing a lot of coasting/reaching instead of hustling.

Thoughts Jets faithful?

Edit: Hah, just after I post this Ladd has a really good two whacks at a puck in front of Fleury. Would still like your thoughts thought folks!
    I think the whole team (save for a very select few) looked fairly bland through the first 3 games, Ladd included. I thought Ladd looked a little better last night, and I expect that line to pick it up in the next few games. They need a goal to get rolling, I think. The good thing is that Ladd's on a solid line. Wheeler has been pretty impressive so far, and that's been a surprise for me. He's using his size very well, and he can sure create space. I would think the trio should be able to find that chemistry that they had late last season.

Sorry I don't have any great insight here, b0don, beyond saying that the whole team looked like garbage until last night. I believe in Ladd's leadership ability, and I'd be surprised if his compete level didn't continue to trend up. Hopefully his numbers will reflect that. Time will tell.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Both Scheifele and MacLean with very low ice times tonight. Looks more and more like Scheifele will be sent down. But what of MacLean? He can't be sent down without being put on waivers again. What's the outlook on him?

Thanks for your insight in advance.
    I almost feel like MacLean's low ice-time is a product of playing on Scheifele's line. Last night's game was so tight that I suspect Noel didn't want any mistakes out there, and a line with two inexperienced players like them had little chance of getting out there.

I thought MacLean looked good in the little ice-time he had last night. He showed bits of poise and creativity with the puck, and I didn't see him make any glaring mistakes. It was such a small sample, though. It's very difficult to say what the future will hold for MacLean. I think he could stick, honestly, but we won't know that for a few games yet, likely, when they ultimately decide on Scheifele and then bring in Cormier (or whoever) to replace him (if they send Sheifele down). Then we'll see what kind of chemistry MacLean can develop with whatever players make up that third line.

Dobber Sports Novice

Was at the game last night. Few things I noticed, Burmistrov is going to be a great player in this league for many years. Such a great 2-way forward. Bogosian had a very good game last night too. Had a couple great scoring chances and really covered his end well.

Ladd definitely played better last night then the previous games. Like it was mentioned, I think the line just needs to get a goal to get rolling. They are in a different environment then Atlanta. I'm pretty sure they can feel the pressure of the crowd as to what they had last year.

A guy for me who needs to improve is Byfuglien. Aside from a couple of good shifts and scoring chances, I found a lot of the time just skating casually for line changes, not a lot of hustle whatsoever. After laying into some shots he would just slowly turn around while the play is developing into an odd man rush behind him.
    Last edited by No Regretzkys; October 18, 2011 at 6:54 PM.
    12 team 12 keeper H2H league. Cats G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, W, GAA, SV%, SO.

3C - Backstrom, Tavares
    3LW - Parise, Vanek, Neal
    3RW - Kovalchuk (LW), C. Stewart
    6D - Karlsson, J. Johnson, Streit
    2G - Rinne, Bryzgalov

Farm team - Seguin, Skinner, Ennis, Subban, Shattenkirk, Rask

Dobber Sports Stud

Jets 2 Penguins 1

The player that stuck out the most was once again Alex Burmistrov. I'm starting to believe that he will be the Jets future top line center for years to come. He plays a style almost identicle to Pavel Datsyuk, and he is becoming very successful doing what Datsyuk does. We already know about Burmi's moves, stick handling, puck control, passing, defensive play, and now he is starting to show that he can be a factor offensively. Burmi had two assist last night, and had a few nice chances. He created space for himself all game long with great puck control skills and deke moves, and he has a great sense for the game. The one thing that you probably won't hear many people bring up about him because of his size, is his physical strength. He's been laying people out with nice checks. He also has the stregth to win puck battles and take the puck right off of defensemen which notably he did to Letang last night.

The team overall played much better. I was happy with the way the defense played all game, except for some minor miscommunicated plays. Pavelec was brilliant in net, making some beautiful saves. The offense had a ton of chances but Fleury was equally as good as Pavelec. Wheeler and the rest of the top line are starting to get open and find themselves with great scoring chances.

The powerplay didn't score but they looked much better as well.

Burmistrov and Antropov have been playing very well together, and even Wellwood has been looking good on that line. Wellwood scored eight seconds into the game on what was a beautiful pass play between those three.

Scheifele had a grade A scoring chance right in front of Fleury but he was stoned.

Byfuglien had a ton of chances, some even being wide open. Buff actually made some nice defensive plays backchecking after being caught on offense.

ASF's Three Stars:
    1- Alex Burmistrov (This is four games in a row now. He's been the Jets best forward since game one, and was spetacular last night)
    2- Ondrej Pavelec (He was brilliant in net and even flashed the leather a few times)
    3- Zach Bogosian (Zack look liked he found some confidence in this one. He carried the puck well, fought off forwards, played solid defense)
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; October 18, 2011 at 3:04 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Evander Kane is back in the lineup tonight.

Derek Meech will make his Jets debut.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm speechless about last night's game. I'm not sure how a team could outplay their opponent for 59 minutes and still lose.

All I'll say is Burmistrov continues to be our best forward. Enstrom and Byfuglien looked great, Byfuglien specially looked like last year Buff. The offense and defense played great, as did the powerplay. Scheifele scored his first career goal. We had so many scoring chances, and so much attack, that it's a miracle we didn't win. We played physically, smart, and turnover-free hockey. I mean I just cannot believe that we did not receive a W after outplaying the Leafs for 59 minutes.

This loss can be pinned on the idiotic back-to-back penalties and lack of penalty kill for those 27 seconds.

Jets in Ottawa tonight.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; October 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Wow. That was a disaster game.

I'm starting to question Noel and his decision making. Pulling the goalie down two with five minutes left? Really? I've seen plenty of times when teams score two goals with under three minutes left to tie the game. That opportunity goes out the door when the goalie is pulled with five minutes left and the other team scores to ice it.

Also, Noel needs to realize we have a young team with young superstar potential. How is Kane ever going to become a scoring threat if he isn't being utilized properly. Kane should be getting played 18-20 mins a game with a capable center and winger on his line. I'm disappointed that Noel fails to realize this. If we're going to suck, lets at least suck while our players develop for the future. Geeze, we can't even suck properly.
    Go Jets Go

Banned

Yeah I didn't understand pulling the goalie with 5 minutes left. I thought the goalie was out for a delayed penalty lol. At least they didn't score on it until late I guess.

I did like Burmistrov and Bogosian tonight. Byuglien OK at times, as well as Enstrom. The rest I didn't really notice other than Oduya sucking.

Little had his moments. Todd White was on Team 1200 post game and thinks they should put him back at wing. More effective there.

Dobber Sports Stud

Johnny Oduya can be pathetically bad at times. He makes too many game changing turnovers.
    Go Jets Go