Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

The Jets need to draft and trade for some players with genuine heart. Winners. Until that happens we'll continue to see this same old garbage. Yes, Scheifele is a key player for this team, and they're worse without him, but the efforts that the players have put up lately have been atrocious. Simply put, I don't think they'll win with this group.
    I don't know which players are responsible, exactly (I'm not an NHL GM or coach, and frankly, sometimes it seems like it's at least half the team), but they get lazy at the worst of times, taking dumb penalties, missing assignments and ignoring the details.
    Chevy will have to do something big at some point, in my opinion, or they'll run the risk of ruining their young players with the bad habits and attitudes of the old Atlanta team. Trouba and Scheifele are a great step in the right direction, and so is Frolik, but I think the remainder of the schedule will bear out that the team's problems were less about coaching and more about personnel.
    Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's just a product of them being the second youngest team in the NHL, and one day they'll just 'get it.'
    There's little to no question they'll miss the playoffs again. Their schedule looks frightening. I'm actually okay with it, providing they eventually shed this tendency to phone it in so frequently. There are some excellent pieces here, but if they've got too much baggage from the Thrashers era, I'm okay with Chevy trading pretty much anyone, save for Scheifele and Trouba.

Dobber Sports Giant

With tonight's odd healthy scratch and already odd relationship with the Jets management, I personally believe Kane has played his last game as a Winnipeg Jet.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    With tonight's odd healthy scratch and already odd relationship with the Jets management, I personally believe Kane has played his last game as a Winnipeg Jet.
    Teams would be lining up to get this guy.....if so, Mac-T better be at the front of the line. I'd kill to have Kane in the Oiler's top-6....just the type of player we need with his size, skill, speed, physicality and grit.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F,4D,2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Callahan, Hartnell, MacArthur, Semin
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, McDonagh, Gudas, Burns
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Mason

Farm: Grigorenko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

All I know for sure is..... Trouba is a stud

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well, there we have it. Paul Maurice signed to a 4-year extension with the Jets.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449506
    G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    Well, there we have it. Paul Maurice signed to a 4-year extension with the Jets.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449506
    Thanks for the link. Added it to the thread: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...deal-with-Jets