Thread: 2011 Draft vs 2012 Draft

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default 2011 Draft vs 2012 Draft

Hey !

I'm in a 16 teams dynasty keeper league. We can "reserve" 20 junior players on our team, so we draft every year right from the real NHL draft.

I have the chance to trade my 10th and 11th pick overall 2011 for a 1st round pick in 2012. I'm SURE he will finish in the last 5 next year... probably last 3 without a doubt but I want to play it safe.

Should I give 10th and 11th 2011 for a top 5 2012 (possibility of a 1st ovrall pick) ?

I'm wondering about rumors of a lookout and also if I remember well, wasn't there a rumor about re-adjusting the age group for the drafts starting by shortening the draft eligibilty for 2012, ex : September to June to fix it June to June for the future ? I might be completely wrong here, can someone clarify me on this please.

Thanks !
    20 teams - Keeper League (6F, 3D, 1G +1)
    Points only

Fwd (only top 6 in points counts):
    McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Crosby, Malkin, Greig, Tomasino
    Def (only top 3 in points counts):
    Q. Hugues, Burns, Hronek
    Goal (1 counts): Vasilevskiy, Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

2012 draft is looking to be stronger than this year's.

However, you need to factor in that that's two picks you're giving up that will have an extra year to develop and therefore will be of use to you a year earlier.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There is a unanomous top 8 in this years draft and then things get really muddy. There are guys that some teams have ranked in the 12-15 range that are 30-36 on other teams so if you are looking for a sure thing with the 10th and 11th pick you might be disapointed.

As far as the 2012 draft goes you will here the name "Yakopov" a ton over the next 12 months as he by far the best player at this point in the draft. One thing to note is that Craig Button commented "The 2012 draft could have 15 defencemen picked in the first round" so if you are looking for elite help on the back end this is the year to get them.

I do this deal in a heartbeat if you are sure that the pick next year will be top 5.
    There are things known, and things Unknown. In between are The Doors...

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wouldn't make the move. A 1st and a 2nd would be fine, but not two 1sts, especially 10th and 11th overall. Plus there's always the chance the GM makes a trade, adds a high end player and doesn't finish bottom 5 like you're planning.

Just too much imo for a "maybe" top 5.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar