Thread: Tukka Rask > ?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Tukka Rask > ?

I have Tukka in a 9 team keeper. Keep 6 this year. My other goalie is
    Cam Ward.

Is he worth the risk to keep over the likes of Lecavalier, Spezza, Benn, Gaborik, or Hall?

There's only 3 years left in our keeper league before it expires. I want to win at least once in the next 3 years. Should I hold onto Rask? Or keep a different player and hope to be able to draft Rask back?

I'm curious to know what other people would do.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I have Tukka in a Keep 6

Is he worth the risk to keep over the likes of Lecavalier, Spezza, Benn, Gaborik, or Hall?

There's only 3 years left in our keeper league before it expires. I want to win at least once in the next 3 years.
    Let him go.

As long as you have Ward, you can't afford a guy who may not be a starter for another 2+ years over the guys you mentioned (Benn and Hall are about explode, IMO) in the league you describe.

Of course, try to gauge the interest you fellow GM's have in him. Their may be a trade in there or you rather than a straight drop.
    Last edited by rainydrinkwater; June 15, 2011 at 3:09 AM. Reason: Stupid iPhone

Dobber Sports Stud

I would hold onto one of the other guys. Keeping Rask will cost you a valuable keeper for at least the next two seasons... Thomas is signed through 2013, and with the way he's playing and the lack of NHL-level wear until he hit his 30s, there's just no predicting whether he'll relinquish the spot to Rask even after that. He's also a local hero now, and that matters in Boston. Meanwhile, those other guys are terrific owns... tough decision which to hold onto between them, actually. Who were you planning to keep if not Rask?

edit: also, good call by RDW exploring a trade... you never know!
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Your league keeps 54 players in total - don't think Rask makes the grade as a keeper. Sure can't see him having any trade value either. The only reason I would even consider redrafting him this next year would be that Thomas gets injured - not reason enough.

Dobber Sports Giant

if your league expires in 3 yrs, then there is no point of holding on to rask.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default thnx

good thoughts all, thank you very much.