Thread: Help with my 3rd Goalie

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Help with my 3rd Goalie

I kept Tim Thomas and Sergei Bobrovsky as keepers.
    I have a draft of 7 rounds coming up and there are no starting goalies available in the draft.

Possible goalies I could target from other GMs are:

Steve Mason
    Kari Lehtonen
    Ondrej Pavlec
    Niklas Backstrom (May allow me to target Matt Hackett as well)

The asking price for these types of goalies is Stastny. Clearly I don't want to give up Stastny for these types of goalies.

The other route is to draft a backup goalie with potential and snag a darkhorse during the season with my waiver if one were to rise. I traded a high draft pick for the rights to the first waiver this season and snagged Bobrovsky. That's how I got him. Some of these backups with potential are:

Anders Lindback
    Jhonas Enroth
    Henrik Karlsson
    Alexander Salak

Robin Lehner (Most likely in AHL)
    Matt Hackett (Most likely in AHL)

What would you do? Make a move or hang tight?
    15 Team Keeper (Y Roto Points, Daily Changes but only one waiver pick up per month)
    20 Players (Keep 10) Dress 8 F, 5 D, 1 Utility and 2 G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, Shots, SHP, Hits, PIM, +/- W, GAA, SV%, Saves, SO

Forwards Huberdeau, Svechnikov, Monahan, Cirelli, Suzuki, Backlund, Atkinson, J. Anderson, Hyman, Hayton, Dach & Byfield

Defensemen
    Rielly, Ekblad, Yandle, Giordano, Ekholm & Hanifin

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

Dobber Sports Genius

If Philly signs Byrz that's really going to hurt your goalie situation. If I'm you I probably target one of those goalies (for me probably Lehtonen) and see if you can get a bit more back if you move Stastny, although with 40% scoring for goalies thats probably fair value, and in fact even a win. I'd then see if you can target the Bryz owner and sell him on Bobrovski as a backup for an upgrade elsewhere. If one of those owners with the goalies available is already a Bryz owner, try Bob + Stastny for G + FWD, could work out for you.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don't think it is a terrible idea to move Stastny.
    They traded his key linemate (C.Stewart).

In the multi-cat analysis spreadsheet I made, Stastny ranked around 65th last year.
    Steve Ott, Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan Callahan are all better multi-cat guys than Stastny.

If I'm you, I'd move Stastny for Lehtonen (and back him with DAL's back-up).

In a 15-team league, having 2 starting goalies is gold.
    Lehtonen actually ranked 14th among all goalies in my goalie ranker for last year's stats... although it doesn't include L... which would deflate his value a bit.

Dobber Sports Ace

i am in agreement with the others here. move stastny for lehtonen. i drafted lehtonen fairly high last year (risk-reward) and was rewarded as such. he was actually ranked 8th best in my league based on our scoring at seasons end. his troubles seem to be behind him. by comparison stastny was 18th best center with guys like plekanec and vermette ahead of him (also konopka, but thats because we score FOW, PIMs, Majors, and hits). if someone offered me stastny for lehtonen during my league play i likely would have asked for more.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hmmmmm see I don't really agree with a Lehtonen for Stastny swap. By all means I respect and thank you for your input but I'm going to choose to be stubborn

We keep 13 of 20 players each year and next year we may reduce our keepers down to 11. When that happens I want to have all stars, which I feel Stastny is.

In my league we count GAA, SV% and Losses so goalies like Steve Mason (even though he got wins) absolutely would have ruined a team's chances.
    15 Team Keeper (Y Roto Points, Daily Changes but only one waiver pick up per month)

Forwards Huberdeau, Svechnikov, Monahan, Cirelli, Suzuki, Backlund, Atkinson, J. Anderson, Hyman, Hayton, Dach & Byfield

Defensemen

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I ended up trading Alex Burrows and 31st pick overall for Steve Mason and 7th pick overall (with option for lottery).

I hate to lose Alex Burrows as he is one of my favourite players but I feel like Columbus may improve significantly this year with a puck moving defenseman. I also feel like the West has become weaker.

My goalies heading into the draft will be:

-Tim Thomas
    -Steve Mason
    -Sergei Bobrovsky

I may try to trade that 7th overall for two 2nd round picks if possible if I believe I can snag two players such as Callahan and Umberger (similar fantasy players to Burrows) with those picks.
    Last edited by Pacman; June 11, 2011 at 3:53 PM.

Defensemen

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen