Thread: 2011 Entry Draft - Fantasy Implications

Dobber Sports Pro

Default 2011 Entry Draft - Fantasy Implications

Need some help here. Chances are this year I'll be able to land one of the top prospects from this year's entry draft in my keeper league. What I want to know is who has the best chance of cracking the line up soon, and who has the most offensive upside. Also worth noting is our league is goal heavy, (as we have GWG as a category). Could there be a Jeff Skinner in the top 10?
    If you were looking for a good balance of NHL Readiness and goal scoring ability would you look at Huberdeau, Strome, Couturier??
    Thanks,

Dobber Sports Veteran

Huberdeau is the goalscorer and Couturier is likely the most NHL ready.

Upside is pretty debatable of the 3
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Welcome to the boards! There are several threads ask on the go asking about NHL readiness.

For me, Landeskog is the most ready forward prospect. Couturier and Zibanejad (likely won't come to NA right away tho) are next in line. Couturier and Huberdeau didn't do as well as some expected at the combine in the physical testing so whoever drafts them may want them to develop physically a little more. Huberdeau did have a lengthy season which could've affected his testing at the combine.

Landeskog is your best bet followed by Couturier

Banned

If you want a pure goal scorer it's Landeskog. He is the safest to score more goals than the others at the NHL level. After that, Huberdeau and Couturier are close.