Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lindback as a Starter???

Banned

Rinne is the future of NSH, if the team is too stupid to realize that then they dont even deserve to have a team

Dobber Sports Sophomore

you guys mentioned Weber, but no one mentioned that Suter is also a UFA next year. Odds are they (the preds) are not going to be able to go over the mid point of the cap and forgo getting revenue sharing. So, after they get done signing Webs this offseason, there won't likely be room in the pot for both Suts and Peks to get re-upped. I'd suspect they're going to give Lindback every opportunity to take the job and he should see a bump in minutes this year as a result. But ultimately comes down to how well Lindback progresses and if Pekka can deliver another solid to stunning year.

Spoke to the preds beat writer who thinks this is also the most likely scenario.
    Last edited by klingsor2; June 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM.
    16 team, start 20 players, full keeper. 2 points for goals, 1 for A, PPA, PPG. 4 for goalie win. NHL Cap numbers.

C: McDavid, Kadri, Couturier, Marner
    W: E. Lindholm, W. Nylander, N. Ritchie, Silfverberg, Teravainen, JVR, Puljujarvi, S. Reinhart
    D: OEL, Fowler, Gardiner, Hamilton, Matheson, Reilly
    G: Lundqvist, Schneider, Hutton
    Bench: Guentzel, Leblanc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by klingsor2 View Post
    you guys mentioned Weber, but no one mentioned that Suter is also a UFA next year. Odds are they (the preds) are not going to be able to go over the mid point of the cap and forgo getting revenue sharing. So, after they get done signing Webs this offseason, there won't likely be room in the pot for both Suts and Peks to get re-upped. I'd suspect they're going to give Lindback every opportunity to take the job and he should see a bump in minutes this year as a result. But ultimately comes down to how well Lindback progresses and if Pekka can deliver another solid to stunning year.

Spoke to the preds beat writer who thinks this is also the most likely scenario.
    I hope you're not talking about Paul McCann, the HOCKEYBUZZ preds writer...

Since there's not much up front, I am almost 110% confident that Suter AND Weber will be signed, as well as Rinne.

THere are other ways to shed salary, if that is even needed since the preds have a lot of cap space.

Banned

Just re-read your post, you really didn't just say that Lindback is going to steal the #1 from Rinne did you?

cause if you did, I am going to have to really disagree with you

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Try Josh Cooper of the tennessean.

And clearly you were misconstrued from the beginning when you tried to pin some hockeybuzz writer on me.

That said let me clarify: I think the preds hope lindback will make strides next year that will make the difference between rinne and him be small enough that they let him walk before they let suter go.
    16 team, start 20 players, full keeper. 2 points for goals, 1 for A, PPA, PPG. 4 for goalie win. NHL Cap numbers.

W: E. Lindholm, W. Nylander, N. Ritchie, Silfverberg, Teravainen, JVR, Puljujarvi, S. Reinhart

Banned

Try Josh Cooper of the tennessean.

And clearly you were misconstrued from the beginning when you tried to pin some hockeybuzz writer on me.

That said let me clarify: I think the preds hope lindback will make strides next year that will make the difference between rinne and him be small enough that they let him walk before they let suter go.
    Well if it was a hockeybuzz writer I would have laughed hysterically.

But, even with this guy I don't believe it for the life of me.

Rinne, Weber, Suter stay plain and simple. To suggest Lindback will steal Rinne's job or challenge for #1 next year is at this point beyond ridiculous.

They have a lot of other area's where they could shed salary, if needed to happen, to keep all 3. But like I said in last post, the salary is not the big problem in Predatorland

So yes, I do question your source, and frankly I think he's stupid if he thinks what you wrote

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Where did I say anywhere about him becoming the #1 next year. You need to take some reading comprehension lessons. Maybe it'll help you be the Dobber Elite League Champ next year.

Then again it really speaks to your knowledge of the team when you don't even know who the main beat writer for the team is.

PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Lindback is the next Rinne... Wait and see...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Lindback is not yet a starter he is behind Pekka and won't be able to come up, but maybe in the future he can become a starter but only if he is traded

Banned

Where did I say anywhere about him becoming the #1 next year. You need to take some reading comprehension lessons. Maybe it'll help you be the Dobber Elite League Champ next year.

Then again it really speaks to your knowledge of the team when you don't even know who the main beat writer for the team is.

PS.
    Yup, he is, but not for another 5 or so years... To think he's gonna steal the job this year you gotta be crazy

As for "main beat writer" I don't live anywhere near Tennessee so I don't follow most of the writers for the Preds. Most of these beatwriters just summarize things they read elsewhere on the internet anyway

Banned

I'd suspect they're going to give Lindback every opportunity to take the job and he should see a bump in minutes this year as a result. But ultimately comes down to how well Lindback progresses and if Pekka can deliver another solid to stunning year.

there is where you say you suspect that Lindback is given every opportunity to take the job.. Which is not going to happen. He will be a backup, that's it. Unless Rinne gets hurt. If Lindback gets traded, he could be starter, if not traded he won't be the #1 till another 5 or so years