View Poll Results: Who should Philly get?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Schneider

16 23.88%
  • Steve Mason

3 4.48%
  • Vokoun

14 20.90%
  • Bernier/Quick

8 11.94%
  • Bryzgalov

18 26.87%
  • Crawford

0 0%
  • Other -please elaborate

6 8.96%
  • Stick with what they have

7 10.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who should Philly trade for? Starter

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Bernier fits the bill perfectly. He's got a better pedigree than Bob, and I'm not sold on Bob being the starter of the future there. There have been links in the past between discussions for Bernier for Carter. Kings would be willing after Quick's season, and Bernier I think will be much better than Bob. Schneider is another option, I just don't know how those two teams could make a trade work payroll wise as they're both so cap heavy.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
    I think Carter would be enough. He comes with a big price tag but I'm sure LA doesn't want the Price/Halak distraction all the time. This would be a good return. Carter does have a long contract though and the middle will be clogged for the time being by Kopitar and Schenn.

Maybe I'm way off. I would love to hear some other opinions on this specific trade. What would Philly have to do to get Bernier?
    I should have read this before posting the last one. I should point out that they won't necessarily have to be clogged in the middle. Carter played RW a lot this last season. I'm a fan of having more than enough guys who can take a faceoff too. This would be a great issue to have for the long haul.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Icon

Wouldn't the Kings be much more inclined to trade Quick instead of Bernier? Quick is great but Bernier is potentially franchise-great. Maybe Quick could net the Kings a Hartnell+, which would probably suit the Kings just fine. Hartnell is a guy who can score and play a hard-checking style of game, plus he has playoff experience, and his cap is $4.2m but he only has two years left at $3.7 and $3.2. Together with a decent draft pick this could mke sense for the Flyers, but I'm sure others who are closer to the Flyers situation would be able to chime in, maybe I'm completely off.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ace

Bryz is the rumor target... Ed Snyder made a statement that they will target a true #1 this summer. Mr. Snyder does NOT say something he doesn't intend to act on... I keep telling people that Bob will be their choice, but it's only my own selfish defense mechanism so I'm not so mad when they actually take that route again...

Carter has a strange reputation here in Philly for being lazy, and some fans have soured on him... I wouldn't be surprised if he's already asked his agent to try and find a way out of Philly. I am a Flyer fan, but unlike a lot of Flye fans, I have some grasp of reality still...at least I still think I do...ha... anyway, what people perceive as lazy is more the fact that he plays effortlessly... he conserves energy for the right attacking moment, and he's a pure sniper... that and the fact that his shot totals are unreal. Some complain he takes too many shots and spoils good scoring opportunities by shooting first.

BOB is not very good... Boosh is also not very good... Leighton is also not very good. When the Flyers were on fire earlier in the season, my great grandmother could have posted a 2.99 GAA for that team. Just the fact that they couldn't muster 1 freakin shutout should tell you something. When was the last time a Flyers goalie stole a win?

Send BOB to the AHL and get him some more North American play sans the microscope... Leighton is signed through next year, so he should be the back up...because that is what he is...a back-up goaltender, and a heck of a nice guy. Move Carter to PHO to help Yandle score some more points (he he), and lock-up Bryz for 5 years. He's in his prime, wants to win now, and the Flyers' window of opportunity is closing quick... the Rags are gonna be the team to beat in 2 years, so I say let's do this tomorrow morning over a mocha latte and a danish!!

You said you wanted a brotherly luv POV, no??
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Vokoun should be their man.

3 year deal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bring in Vokoun on a 2-3 year deal and to act as a mentor to Bob.

2-3 at a cap friendly hit maybe even deal FLA Coburn or Carle in a sign n trade.

Dobber Sports Master

They can have Carle if they want, but I dont want to see Coburn go anywhere. He's a beast.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bryz was the leader in my poll and what do you know. Philly trades for his rights.

The Dobber nation was bang on. Well done to whoever voted for him. (not me)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I voted for Bryzgalov.
    It would be a small trade, since they are just trading for the rights to negotiate with him since he's at his UFA status. Bryz is done in Phoenix, mark it.
    I am so smart.
    S-M-R-T.