Thread: Which Canadian City do you prefer in a relocation?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Which Canadian City do you prefer in a relocation?

Which Canadian City do you think is the best candidate for relocation of an NHL franchise?

(a) Winnipeg?
    (b) Quebec City?
    (c) Hamilton?
    (d) Kitchener-Waterloo?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Which Canadian City do you prefer in a relocation?

The Peg
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quebec City for me
    Roto league $$$, auction league, limited keeper max 3 years
    G, A, Sog, Pim, Hits, +/-, Stpts
    Wins, Gaa, save%

12 forwards
    5 def
    3 goalers
    10 utility

Dobber Sports Stud

I would love to see Winnepeg have a team again.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well I base my opinion on basic location and market competion...

Kitchener/Waterloo & Hamilton: has the OHL Kitchener Rangers... With the Guelph Storm, London Knights, Brampton Battalion and Mississauga Ice dogs close by... OHL fan base is an all time high... Mississauga will be moved this summer and Looks like the St Mikes Majors are moving that direction... also we have the Marlies in Toronto Marlies for the AHL who dont have a great fan base and you have Hamilton Bulldogs who have a decant fan base in the AHL... so right now South/Central Ontario is full of Hockey teams than need fans and it would be dumb to move an NHL franchise there and destroy the minor hockey strength we have here...

Quebec City: we can have a similer argument with the QMJHL, This is a strong Jr Lg and they don\'t need anouther NHL team in there just to mix it up with the Jrs...

Winnipeg: yes they have the Manitoba Moose of the AHL and they have been theer for a while and have a decent fan base... but there is no Major Jr Hockey team anywhere within a 12 hour drive... Can manitoba support the Moose and an NHL francise... most likely not... maybe... But Im sure if the moose were to relocate it would be further wast since the AHL is headed that direction... and I don\'t think Vancouver Canucks would complain... Also Right now Manitoba is in a Loaded Conferance in the AHL that needs to lose a team if AHL plans on having 30 teams in 2 years... Manitoba is the best candidate to move west...

Thats why my argument would be go with Winnipeg its an uncompetitive hockey market that wants a team... and hopefully now it can be supported...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

I...am your father.

Default Re:Which Canadian City do you prefer in a relocati

K/W would be fantastic - it can draw from London, Hamilton, Cambridge, Guelph, Brantford, Brampton and even Mississauga.

That\'s over three million people right there...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

halifax anyone?just a dream , the market is to weak , i\'d have to go with winnipeg.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would like 2 teams to fold and then the league has a \"dispersal\" draft. Now that would be cool.

For example:Florida and Atlanta fold and the league has a LOTTERY draft and teams pick from a loaded talent pool such as: Kovalchuk, Jokinen, Hossa, Boumeester, Lehtonen, Horton, etc.

J.Banks:Major Jr. meaning CHL?? You were talking about 12 hours from Winnipeg. What about Brandon Wheat Kings? 2 hours. Regina Pats? 6 hours. But I know what you mean about not affecting many teams.

I know the Moose would not be able to keep going if a NHL team was brought back to the peg. I am not sure the city is ready to tell the moose to hit the road. And the Arena would need to be made bigger aswell.

I know I would fly to the peg to see some games..

Post edited by: Zorro, at: 2007/06/05 10:59
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Winnipeg Jets comeback would be excellent. But I would support another south-Ontario team.

I don\'t think that Quebec is ready to have the NHL again, they are still angry with what happened with the Nordiques.

Halifax...never. Won\'t get enough fans each games unless the price is 10$ per game. But an AHL team back in the maritimes would be great.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Genius

Winnipeg !!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Zorro wrote:
    I would like 2 teams to fold and then the league has a \"dispersal\" draft. Now that would be cool.

For example:Florida and Atlanta fold and the league has a LOTTERY draft and teams pick from a loaded talent pool such as: Kovalchuk, Jokinen, Hossa, Boumeester, Lehtonen, Horton, etc.

J.Banks:Major Jr. meaning CHL?? You were talking about 12 hours from Winnipeg. What about Brandon Wheat Kings? 2 hours. Regina Pats? 6 hours. But I know what you mean about not affecting many teams.

I know the Moose would not be able to keep going if a NHL team was brought back to the peg. I am not sure the city is ready to tell the moose to hit the road. And the Arena would need to be made bigger aswell.

I know I would fly to the peg to see some games..<br><br>Post edited by: Zorro, at: 2007/06/05 10:59
    I over looked the CHL... lol my mistake... either way, Brandon 2 hours away doesnt affect thier fan base... most poeple wont drive 2 hours to a JR game unless theres a superstar coming to town or they are affiliated with one of the teams (ie, Family)... but u understood what I ment :blush:

Yes the Moose have a loyal Base but I think for an NHL franchise they would move in a second... the Moose were only brought in for the reason of losing the Jets...

and I plan on going to Manitoba to watch the Marlies AHL team play... so I\'d definatly go for Winnipeg-Toronto NHL!!!
    Current Roster:

Dobber Sports Expert

Zorro wrote:

If any teams are going to fold, I would think it would be Florida and Columbus, not Atlanta.

My vote goes to Winnipeg, or QC if they can build a new arena. Kitchener Waterloo is too small of a town for an NHL franchise, and counting on people who are within an hour\'s driving distance is no way to build a fan base / corporate support for season tickets.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As a Quebec resident, I think the town of Quebec is indeed not ready. The mayor won her election with a 10 000$ budget... Imagine how she manages funds!! That and Le Colisée is too much old-fashioned for the present NHL.

Winnipeg is ready, but call me crazy, I supported the fact that Montréal & Toronto could each support 2 teams.

Best 2 markets in NHL. Why not? B)

Blue.
    Kids, you tried your best and failed miserably. Lesson is, never try. -Homer Simpson.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I heard Toronto is playing Phoenix in Winnipeg this upcoming pre-season.. I might make the drive into the city and to the MTS center..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..