Thread: brian elliott - What does the future hold for him?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default brian elliott - What does the future hold for him?

Any news GG? Or are the Avs going to go a different direction next year.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fantasy View Post
    Any news GG? Or are the Avs going to go a different direction next year.
    Adrian Dater who's the Avs blogger or Twitterer said earlier in a column that they were going to go hard for Vokoun. I dunno if he said it wittingly or if he was serious. But they do have a ton of cap space and I'm pretty sure they know that they are in serious need of a number 1 goalie. I think they give Elliott a backup gig at a low cost just so that they have something to show for the Anderson deal...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

budaj is signed for one more year, so if they get vokoun i highly doubt they re-sign elliot.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    budaj is signed for one more year, so if they get vokoun i highly doubt they re-sign elliot.
    No, he's not.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=574
    HFD 12 Team H2H
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP, PIM,HITS
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Airdrie Analrapists

C O'Reilly, Zibanejad, Hischier
    LW Hall, Teravainen, Arvidsson.V
    RW Stone, Kessel, Laine
    UT RW Radulov, LW Gusev, RW W. Nylander
    D Burns, Dahlin, Dumba, Muzzin, Morrrisey, McNabb
    G Varlamov, Grubauer
    BN G Hutton, G Ullmark, W Bjorkstrand

Minors 25/25
    F Anderson-Dolan, Barré-Boulet, Batherson, Bemström, Dahlen, Fix-Wolansky, Gaudette, Greenway, Kahun, Kakko, Kaliyev, Kaprizov, Lindblom.O, Luff, Mattheos, N Robertson, Terry. T, Thomas. A
    D Hague, Jokiharju, Persson, Wilde, Woo
    G Berdin, Sarek, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

my bad was looking at nhlnumbers and thought it was 11/12 that he had a contract but it was 10/11. elliot could get re-signed then but they would have to get a proven goalie along with him...vokoun...giguere?

The King of Diatribes

I seriously doubt the Avs will be willing to pay enough to sign Vokoun. It depends on whether or not he is looking for big money or is willing to take a pay cut. The Avs don't spend money right now ... their salary cap is low for a reason, because the owner is trying to make up for lost money in previous seasons.

I am not saying Vokoun to the Avs won't happen ... I am just saying it's unlikely, unless doors shut on Vokoun and he's left taking less money to get a legit starting job. I love the idea of Vokoun in Colorado though. He's a perfect mentor for Calvin Pickard and the other prospects (Maxwell, Millan, Patterson, Cann).

Peter Budaj looks to be, FINALLY, on his way out of Colorado. He did a great job in his years as an Avs player. But without a full-time goalie coach, he never developed into a true starter. He will continue to waste away as a fringe backup unless he goes to a team that can actually build up his skills and confidence. If he can't find a job, over to Russia he will go.

Brian Elliott, being an RFA and clearly having a better skill set than Budaj, plus being 3 years younger, will most likely be retained by the Avalanche and become their backup for next year.