Thread: Kovie for Parise

Dobber Sports Icon

Question Kovie for Parise

Just made the move, Ilya for Zach straight up...(team in sig)

IMO at worst its a push, but Parise's injury doesn't worry me too much. Both players will have something to prove next year, and I would (and obviously did) take Parise over Kovalchuk.

Any thoughts, or is this lateral at best?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Genius

I like it and would've done it myself. I would move Backes for Zajac though as he is all downhill from here and if Parise resigns it will be Zajac Parise even and him Parise Kovalchuk PP which will blow away anything Backes can ever put together in STL moving forward. He could even hit as high as assist-heavy low 80's in that setting absolute best case scenario but I think 70 points is a safe bet. Backes won't even hit 65 in my eyes moving forward and has already played to his upside this year. If Parise ends up elsewhere I can see MIN or LA maybe which in either case he'll be closer to low 90's with a serious playmaker in the mix as opposed to the low to mid 80's range I expect on NJ. I like the deal though regardless where Parise ends up, but would get rid of Backes for Zajac if possible.

Edit: ehh in regard to the Backes thing your settings are a bit different than I saw at first so you know your scoring system better than I, but look into comparative values between Zajac and Backes based on what I mention above
    Last edited by MT319; April 30, 2011 at 1:41 PM.

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah Backes is actually a monster in this league's settings, he is probably about even with Zajac on both their best years.
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah i like this move too. Im not worried at all about Parise's injury. He's still young and has a lot of time to heal up for next season. IMO you're right though, at worst this is a lateral move but I still like it.

I actually really like MT's suggestion of going for zajac. Depending on how much it'll cost you, but it's a great time to buy low. If Parise re-signs he and zajac play really well together and Zajac should have a nice bounceback season.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Prior to trading you Kovalchuk (for Sharp/Runbald/5th pick), I was also offered Parise straight up and rejected it. My thought process was that it was a push and I really like the way Kovalchuk came around in the 2nd half of the season. If our draft started over this year I would have selected Kovalchuk over Parise but that's also because I'm a big Kovy fan and although I like Parise, its just not as much.

I think it's a push here and you go with the guy you like more - me Kovalchuk, you Parise...tomato...tomato...
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oh and as far as the "you should acquire Zajac" suggestions go...I'm all ears...
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well you got younger PD and there is some value in that. I don't think you gave or got a lot otherwise. Kovalchuk does have a pretty impressive body of work to now and I think that will continue. But Parise certainly has the potential to do the same.

As for MT pumping Zajac - not sure Backes is the right guy to let go for him although I agree with MT that Zajac is a very attractive target right now. Sometimes I wish MT would shut up long enough for me to work the market though. Grrrr!

Dobber Sports Monster

we swapped Kovy for Parise in a 1 for 1 deal. I wanted Kovy as he's a player I covet and I look for much much better season in NJ than was had this past year. Parise was definitely tough to give up, but I get " my guy" and IMO was a lateral move. Good doing business with ya PD

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    we swapped Kovy for Parise in a 1 for 1 deal. I wanted Kovy as he's a player I covet and I look for much much better season in NJ than was had this past year. Parise was definitely tough to give up, but I get " my guy" and IMO was a lateral move. Good doing business with ya PD
    My feelings exactly - at worst lateral and we both get the player we like better

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Well you got younger PD and there is some value in that. I don't think you gave or got a lot otherwise. Kovalchuk does have a pretty impressive body of work to now and I think that will continue. But Parise certainly has the potential to do the same.

As for MT pumping Zajac - not sure Backes is the right guy to let go for him although I agree with MT that Zajac is a very attractive target right now. Sometimes I wish MT would shut up long enough for me to work the market though. Grrrr!
    I back shoeless with his zajac/backes accessment here. Backes isn't the right guy to give up; he's too valuable with these settings. Zajac won't get anywhere near the pims or hits which really gives backes his value. agreed zajac would be a nice compliment though and for sure a buy low.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Icon

Ended up getting Zajac for Backes (more to it than that) - also moved Luongo...

Liking the look of my team (in sig - lost in the finals this yr to a certain metaldude).

Dobber Sports Genius

Too bad Zajac is out for 3 months now.

I tried to trade Kovy for Parise in my league but got turned down. He didnt want Kovy's salary next year.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf