Thread: Luongo vs Neuvirth round 2

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Luongo vs Neuvirth round 2

Hey guys,

Our league keeps going through the playoffs. We set our lineups each round with whatever players we have left. I ma currently in second and would get another pay day. I won everything this year so this would just be extra money and bragging.

My questiosn is who will be better in round two.

Luongo or Neuvirth.

Points wise Neuvirth was way better then Luongo last round but looking at the matchups -- Nashville doesn't score alot of goals but Rinne can win games. I am sure of the answer but just curiosu to what you guys thinks.

Goalie Points (2 win, .125 save, 3 shutout, -2 loss, -1 GA)
    12 team H2h Limited Keeper League (F, D, G)
    Start: 8 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Standard Cats

Forwards:
    Bergeron, Brouwer, Callahan, Clowe, Datsyuk, Downie, Ennis, Gomez, D Jones, Kovalev, Lecavalier, Malkin, Marchand, Nash, Perry, Zajac, Zetterberg

Defense:
    Ehrhoff, E Karlsson, Letang, Lidstrom, Meszaros

Goal:
    Luongo, Neuvirth, Schneider

Dobber Sports Stud

Hmm. I think that Neuvirth is likely to win in fewer games than Luongo, but the Preds are weaker offensively than Tampa Bay. Tough one. I guess I would probably still go with Neuvirth but only because I would be more surprised to see Washington lose to Tampa Bay than Vancouver to Nashville. Playing the odds.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oye, sorry looks like i'm a little late to the party here. FWIW i think you can't really make a "wrong choice" with either guy, so whichever goalie you did pick you should be okay. I agree though with TG that I'm more sold on the Caps ability to close out the Lightning than Vancouver who is playing a really strong hot team right now in Nashville. Anything could happen in that series. (even though if I were making the choice I woulda homer'd it up and picked Luongo lol)
    Last edited by bondon; April 28, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Novice

thanks guys.

I picked Neuvirth for most of the reasons that were mentioned. And of course doesn't Luongo go and post a shutout. All I need now is for Tampa to light up Neuvirth and for him to get benched. LOL

I can almost see all the games in the vancouver series being won 1-0.
    12 team H2h Limited Keeper League (F, D, G)
    Start: 8 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Standard Cats

Forwards:
    Bergeron, Brouwer, Callahan, Clowe, Datsyuk, Downie, Ennis, Gomez, D Jones, Kovalev, Lecavalier, Malkin, Marchand, Nash, Perry, Zajac, Zetterberg

Defense:
    Ehrhoff, E Karlsson, Letang, Lidstrom, Meszaros

Goal:
    Luongo, Neuvirth, Schneider