Thread: Quick,Crawford, Reimer and Leighton

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Quick,Crawford, Reimer and Leighton

What do you expect from these 4 guys next year as far as W and Save Percentage?
    15 Team Player Auction Salary Cap League
    G,A,Pts,DPts,+/-,PIM,GLPTS,GAA,SPCT
    daily starts of 3C 3RW 3LW 6D 2G

C- Lecavlier,Giroux,Peverley
    LW- Vanek,Benn,MPS,Hall
    RW- Gaborik,Stewart,Eberle
    D-Carlson,Karlsson,Wisniewski
    G- Neuvirth,Price

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I kinda expect Quick to hit 40 wins and be around .920 - Crawford will get more starts next season and might be very close to those numbers as well. Reimer should be at about .920 but his wins will depend on how many starts he gets which is dependent on what the Leafs decide to do in goal next year - I give him a wide range on wins from 20 to 35. Leighton is black box stuff - who really knows at this point - not high on him as a goalie option myself.

Dobber Sports Ninja

For next year, at first glance I would probably go Quick --> Crawford --> Reimer --> Leighton. I might consider switching Crawford and Quick.
    Keeping in mind things could change depending on FA, off-season decisions. Space in between is how far apart I see em.

1. Quick - Plays for a good team, still not too sure what to expect from him and Bernier in a full season its always a guessing game I find. A lot of people are starting to think that Quick is slowly solidifying himself as a #1 and Bernier would be better off being traded...I guess time will tell.
    2. Crawford - Chicago is a really good team as well. Thinking he's likely to be there starter to start the season next year. I believe he's an RFA. Not sure if we should expect a sophomore slump or not, tbh imo I wouldn't expect one. He's going to be 27 years old and he showed some significant mental fortitude in the series against the Canucks. Considering the extreme workload he handled throughout the second half of the season personally I'm impressed

3. Reimer - Also an RFA - unless Toronto goes out and acquires a #1 goalie (which they likely won't), Reimer puts up a pretty decent sv% and should get himself his fair share of wins. Always a concern about a Toronto goaltender faltering after a strong season, but I dunno to me Reimer looks pretty tough to me...maybe he can handle it.

4. Leighton - No idea what's going to happen with Philly's goaltending situation, much of that will clear itself up depending on how they do in the playoffs. If he becomes the #1 then he might move up this list above Reimer* but it doesn't look like that's going to happen as of now.

Just my two cents.

Edit: lol that took me too long to type, as for numbers I would expect I like the ranges and numbers that Shoeless put up.

Edit #2: Haha yeah Shoeless...this post was just a real fail on my part. Took too long for me to type, then didn't check to see if anyone had responded already in that time. Then I posted it and realized that I hadn't really fully answered the question...fail lol.
    Last edited by bondon; April 27, 2011 at 6:38 PM.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

LOL - well we certainly seem to be in agreement b0ndon.

Thanks a tonne for the insight fellas!

Do you guys think that Leighton is good enough to be a starter somewhere, be it in Philly or somewhere else. As a Flyers fan, his last start certainly didn't inspire alot of confidence in me lol.

To give a little context to my question; I'm trying to decide if I can afford to deal Reimer for some offensive help in my H2h dynasty keeper.

The league ts 3C,3LW,3RW,3 forward,2 utility,4 D and 2G and 6 bench

the cats are G, A, Pts, PPP, SHP, GWG, W, GAA, Spct and shutouts

My team is

C-Nielsen, Carter, Getzlaf,

LW-Tyler Kennedy, Sharp, Ladd

RW-Eberle, Dorsett, Hornqvist

F-Steen, Horcoff, O.Jokinen

U-Briere, Purcell

D- Kronwall, Wiz, Lydman, Mezaos

G-Quick, Crawford, Reimer, Leighton

LW- Vanek,Benn,MPS,Hall
    G- Neuvirth,Price

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey, to get a better idea of the situation just gotta ask a couple questions first:
    1. How many teams are there
    2. Do you guys have prospects? If so do you have any viable goalie prospects that could be ready in the near future?

Just at first glance though, I would likely hold onto Reimer. I'm assuming there are quite a few teams in your league + I can see you've got very deep rosters. Personally, in H2H leagues I like to have 3 good goaltenders so that if I get hit with a bad start at the beginning of the week I have as many starts as possible available to me to gain ground. All it takes is one shutout and your week can be salvaged.

Despite your rosters being very deep with regards to skaters, you still have to keep in mind that 40% of your categories are goaltender ones. In a league like yours with such deep rosters for skaters, skater categories could fluctuate based on schedules that week, players running hot/cold, etc. Your goaltending stats on the other hand should typically remain fairly consistent on a week to week basis.

Edit: Just thought I'd add that I'm not too high on Leighton. Keep in mind he's signed through next season too with Philly, and after that it would be a pure guessing game as to whether he catches on as a #1 with another team. I'm not really seeing it though.

Just my two cents. Like to hear other's thoughts though.
    Last edited by bondon; April 27, 2011 at 7:55 PM.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AJB86 View Post
    Do you guys think that Leighton is good enough to be a starter somewhere, be it in Philly or somewhere else.
    No - Leighton is AHL elite starter and NHL journeyman backup. Nothing more.

Leighton's only chance to be a starter in NHL was with Philly and with his game 6 performance he blew it.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    No - Leighton is AHL elite starter and NHL journeyman backup. Nothing more.

Leighton's only chance to be a starter in NHL was with Philly and with his game 6 performance he blew it.
    I agree here, Leighton had his shot and dropped the puck, so to speak. I'd be trying to get whatever I could for him now.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Hey, to get a better idea of the situation just gotta ask a couple questions first:
    1. How many teams are there
    2. Do you guys have prospects? If so do you have any viable goalie prospects that could be ready in the near future?

Just at first glance though, I would likely hold onto Reimer. I'm assuming there are quite a few teams in your league + I can see you've got very deep rosters. Personally, in H2H leagues I like to have 3 good goaltenders so that if I get hit with a bad start at the beginning of the week I have as many starts as possible available to me to gain ground. All it takes is one shutout and your week can be salvaged.

Despite your rosters being very deep with regards to skaters, you still have to keep in mind that 40% of your categories are goaltender ones. In a league like yours with such deep rosters for skaters, skater categories could fluctuate based on schedules that week, players running hot/cold, etc. Your goaltending stats on the other hand should typically remain fairly consistent on a week to week basis.

Edit: Just thought I'd add that I'm not too high on Leighton. Keep in mind he's signed through next season too with Philly, and after that it would be a pure guessing game as to whether he catches on as a #1 with another team. I'm not really seeing it though.

Just my two cents. Like to hear other's thoughts though.
    My league has 14 teams. We just finished the 1st year where I took 3rd place. Goaltending was definitely the strength of my team. I was weak in G,PPP,+/- and GWG. We do have farm teams but my best goalie prospect is probably Richard Bachman and I don't see him being ready any time soon if ever.

LW- Vanek,Benn,MPS,Hall
    G- Neuvirth,Price

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If I had to rank them I would say it would be just like this.

1. Quick (by far)

2. Crawford
    3. Reimer (between Reimer and Crawford it will be close IMO)
    4. Leighton (I just don't see him doing much anywhere)

To me Quick is very close to becoming an elite goalie and I believe that he's going to have a HUGE year next season.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would bank nothing on Leighton in your league AJB86. I would certainly be holding onto Reimer at this point.