16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobrovsky

4 25.00%
  • Reimer

12 75.00%

Thread: Bobrovsky or Reimer

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Bobrovsky or Reimer

I am sure these 2 goalies will be available in many drafts this coming year. My question is who would you rather own in a league that only counts wins ties and shutouts? Regular point system. I really don't trust either goalie, but considering there isn't anyone else available they will need to go in the late 1st or early second rounds (possibly higher). I think I have less trust in Bobrovsky (no shutouts all year). What does everyone think?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm going with Reimer. If the leafs can add a key piece *ahem Brad Richards* then they could seriously do some damage next year.

Always a risk Philly replaces their goaltender
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

Philly tends to bury their goalies regardless of age and history is repeating itself with Bob. I don't know if he will be damaged long-term but it wouldn't surprise me. Reimer on the other hand will get more of a fair chance I think.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would go with Bob, he's got a better team in front of him, and is more highly skilled in my opinion. I'm a big fan of Reimer and the Leafs but I don't think he has the endurance for a whole season on backstopping the Leafs. Not yet anyway.

Dobber Sports Ace

Not sure about yer league, but in mine... the team that carries 3 #1 goalies or at least 2 #1's and 1 1A wins the championship. Period.

That said... I can't stand how the NHL has morphed into a tandem (1A/1B) approach... I'm mean really... how many #1 goalies are left? And even the current list is at risk except for a solid few (Lundy, Price, Cam, Fleury, Howard, Rinne, Bryz, Vokoun).

Since those guys are always taken... yer left with guys like Reimer that will be in their sophomore year (I had Rask and it KILLED me), or you have guys on teams in flux or the goalie position is in flux... Do I trust the Flyers? They are my hometown team... answer...NO! With any luck, if they get ousted, it will be on account of their goaltending and they will finally wake up, bite the bullet, and sign Bernier/Schneider/Vokoun/etc.

Sorry for the rant...

But IMO, guys like Reimer appear MUCH better to me than BOB.

Others to watch - despite their recent play or crap team:

Pavelec, TB's goalie after Summer signing, Quick after Bernier leaves, Halak, Anderson, Steve Mason... all other goalies are locked-up or playing the tandem game... seems to get worse every year now.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)