Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Neuvirth vs Rask

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_Robbie View Post
    I'm probably just having trouble being objective given the sour tasts left in my mouth from drafting Rask early this year in my keeper league...
    I was actually fortunate on that front, I found myself worrying about Thomas knowing that his Vezina year was not a fluke. Plus Rask wasn't going to repeat those amazing numbers, he's young, he'll have ups and downs. I felt the Bruins were a veteran team and Thomas was a goalie to worry about in fantasy if you were picking Rask. I don't think he ended up on any of my teams, I did buy low on him in my dynasty league though.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ace

i prefer rask any day of the week. i dont like to draft or keep guys because of the team their on. so many players get traded these days or fall off the map, i feel that u have to keep the best player no matter what the situation is. thomas is aging and the goalie situation in wsh is a mess. even if the caps go far in the playoffs i feel holtby will be pushing neuvy for a spot next year
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    So it just comes down to this: you want to compete next year and one of these two guys is your second goalie. is it rask or neuvirth?
    thanks in advance. i'll spread rep where i can.
    Some of the responses are losing sight of the Original question posed. There is no way in hell I would risk taking Rask next year (unless Thomas has a serious injury) if I wanted to and thought I could compete for the title.

Thomas has been left for dead by many a fantasy GM at the end of each season over the last few years. He wasnt even drafted in my main one yr league this year!!! Its crazy that a guy who could win his second Vezina in three years this year is being talked about like he is fighting to keep his job, he cannot play any better , he had the best GAA in the NHL and he set the all-time record for save percentage this year (well since it became an official stat in 82-83)!!!

For comparison's sake lets look at a similar situation with the LAK. Bernier is better (imo and arguably) than Rask, and Quick is worse than Thomas yet Quick still has a strangle hold on the starters job, because he has earned it and he gets paid more money!!

Thomas makes 5 mill a year and Rask 1.25, Rask has one more year left and then he is RFA, do you think the Bruins are going to play his socks off this coming season so that he can get awarded a big contract in arbitration?? not likely, he will get his 20-30 starts again next year (barring any major injury to TT of course).
    Last edited by wendelclark17; April 25, 2011 at 4:42 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Some of the responses are losing sight of the Original question posed. There is no way in hell I would risk taking Rask next year (unless Thomas has a serious injury) if I wanted to and thought I could compete for the title.

Thomas has been left for dead by many a fantasy GM at the end of each season over the last few years. He wasnt even drafted in my main one yr league this year!!! Its crazy that a guy who could win his second Vezina in three years this year is being talked about like he is fighting to keep his job, he cannot play any better , he had the best GAA in the NHL and he set the all-time record for save percentage this year (well since it became an official stat in 82-83)!!!

For comparison's sake lets look at a similar situation with the LAK. Bernier is better (imo and arguably) than Rask, and Quick is worse than Thomas yet Quick still has a strangle hold on the starters job, because he has earned it and he gets paid more money!!

Thomas makes 5 mill a year and Rask 1.25, Rask has one more year left and then he is RFA, do you think the Bruins are going to play his socks off this coming season so that he can get awarded a big contract in arbitration?? not likely, he will get his 20 starts again next year (barring any major injury to TT of course).
    This is something that I hadn't considered in my initial post wendel, thanks for bringing it up its a very important one to consider. Others have also made some good arguments for Neuvirth as well.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    There is no way in hell I would risk taking Rask next year (unless Thomas has a serious injury) if I wanted to and thought I could compete for the title...It's crazy that a guy who could win his second Vezina in three years this year is being talked about like he is fighting to keep his job, he cannot play any better , he had the best GAA in the NHL and he set the all-time record for save percentage this year!!!
    Damn skippy
    Last edited by Hey Robbie; April 25, 2011 at 4:44 PM.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones