Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fantasy Mailbag - April 18

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by AFlyers66 View Post
    Thanks Goldie for opening up the Block mailbag once more. Gold, Jerry...

Saw your note about Aaron Dell possibly signing with the Habs. I can pick him up and put him on my roto keeper farm team, but need to drop someone. (I can keep a goalie on my farm til he plays NHL game #200) Which farm goalie would you drop to add Dell, considering all long-term NHL starter/backup expectations:

Bobrovsky, Reimer, Greiss, BElliott, Dekanich, Rynnas, Engren, Thiessen, Frazee, Jeremy Smith, JPAnderson, Beskorowany

I could also drop a lower-expectation farm forward or d-man too, if you like my farm goalies too much .
    Well Aaron stated he is staying for one more year in North Dakota, so don't pick him up yet.

If you were to drop one of your farm goalies, make it Frazee or Elliott. Frazee is going to be challenged by Keith Kinkaid next year. Don't think McKenna is coming back. Elliott is on a weak team. Colorado is not going to be very good defensively again next year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieGuild View Post
    I would say the odds that Bachman actually graduates full-time to the NHL isn't very high. I think Dallas is in no rush to promote Bachman. They might even look at pushing Brent Krahn up to the NHL behind Lehtonen because he's older, more experienced and much bigger. That allows Bachman to spend another year in the AHL playing game in and game out.

Dallas is in a situation where they need an experienced vet behind Lehtonen that will be able to come off the bench, or a goalie that is used to coming off the bench and is really ready to push for a starting NHL role. I think Bachman kind of falls in the middle. He's clearly got some NHL upside, but I think does better in the AHL for one more year.

I definitely don't see Raycroft in a Stars uniform next year. He's simply not good enough. So there are some DECENT odds it could be Bachman, but I personally don't see it happening.
    Thanks Justin. Keep up the great work. I love reading your thoughts and insights.