Thread: Goalies for playoffs pool

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Goalies for playoffs pool

I need to pick four goalies for my office playoffs pool. Scoring is simple with 2 pts for a W and 1 for a SHO.

So far I've settled on Luongo and Thomas (duh). But I am hesitating on the other two spots. Roloson, Howard, Rinne and Niemi are all tempting options. I am leaning towards Roloson and Howard but it's hard to forget Niemi's performances from last year and Rinne's being awesome.

Who'd be your picks?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Tough, I'm going to go with Luongo, Thomas like you said
    3. Niemi
    4. One of Howard or Roloson, Probably go with Roloson. The guy has been there (albeit quite awhile ago)...would it be too much to think that he might rekindle some of that playoff magic?

Essentially what you would be hoping for is for Tampa/Boston + Vancouver/San Jose to make it to their respective conference finals

While there's not doubt Rinne is a good goaltender, there's always the risk they don't make it out of the first round. The only thing that might throw it is the shutout factor but against Anaheim and possibly Chicago/Vancouver I don't really like his chances for that.
    I think its best to stay away from the Washington goalies even though I like Washington's chances to at least get to the conference finals. All it would take it one bad game and you could see the guy you didn't pick take over.

That's just my two cents.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!