View Poll Results: Which 2 goalies to start today?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ward vs TB

4 80.00%
  • Rask vs OTT

1 20.00%
  • Halak vs NSH

1 20.00%
  • Schneider vs CGY

4 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Today's Goalies - Pick 2

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Today's Goalies - Pick 2

Hey Dobberites, which 2 goalies would you start today? Scoring is 2 pts for a win plus 1 pt for a SO. I'm in 2nd place and need a big day to narrow the gap. I'm leaning towards Ward & Rask. Thanks!

1. Ward (CAR) vs TB
    2. Rask vs OTT
    3. Halak vs NSH
    4. Schneider vs CGY

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd go for Ward+Schneider. Ottawa has a very good fake season record and I don't think Boston has much to play for tonight. Similarly to what happened to Philly, Im expecting Boston to get a loss tonight vs the Sens. Not entirely sure if Rask is even guaranteed a start tonight.

Vancouver has the drive to put up a good performance and a routine win for their talented backup Schneider as they're actually starting him to get his name on the Jennings Trophy.

Ward is the no brainer with the red hot Carolina pushing for the final playoff spot.

Dobber Sports Expert

I agree with the Ward call. CAR is playing seriously motivated hockey and TB has nothing left to achieve in the standings so there could be a let-down or even the possibility they rest some players.

NAS could clinch home ice with a W so Halak is little risky too.

A case can easily be made for either of Rask or Schneider. Both are back-ups [so individually they'll bring their best effort]. Both play in front of some of the best D corps in the league. Both are facing opponents who have been playing very well...although I wonder if CGY will lose a bit of energy knowing they're officially out of the post-season.

6 of one, half-dozen of the other. Give me Schneider. VAN has played better in front of him than BOS has in front of Rask this year...watch Rask get a SO now.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm going with Ward + Rask.

Normally I would pick Schneider but I think the priority of tonight's Canucks game is to not get hurt. The game is in Calgary and the Flames have nothing to lose at this point. It's not that I think Schneider will have a terrible game, but I just think Calgary might put up a strong performance in their home closer.
    Boston is also pretty much going to try to avoid injury but at the same time its their home closer so I'm thinking they might want to put a good performance up for the crowd.
    Now according to LWL Rask is only predicted, not confirmed...so I would keep an eye on that situation. If push comes to shove I'll take Schneider.

Edit: Keep an eye on the NYR game situation. If NYR wins Cam Ward will play tonight, if they don't win then he sits to rest for the playoffs.
    Here's the link to the thread http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...d.php?t=101659

Today could ultimately play out to you starting Schneider and Halak by default.
    Last edited by bondon; April 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Being a Thomas owner, I'm watching pretty close, but I haven't seen any confirmations as to who's starting today.

Based on that my vote is for Ward & Schneider.
    12 team H2H Fantasy Points:
    P=4 PIM=0.1 PPP=1 SHP=3 GWG=1.5 SOG=0.25 HIT=0.1 BLK=0.2
    GS=1 W=5 L=-3 GA=-1 SV=.2 & SO=10

F: M Tkachuk, Kucherov, Pettersson, Fiala, Reinhart, Konecny, Terry, Ehlers
    D: Werenski, Andersson, Weegar
    G: Shesterkin, Hill, Gustavsson
    IR: Kane, Svechnikov

Keep 4 bolded (based on last season keepers)

Dobber Sports Ninja

It appears that Timmy T is the likely starter tonight FYI. I would still keep an eye out.

Again, depending on the result of the NYR game you may be starting Halak and Schneider by default.

Edit: Here is the source for Thomas

NESN‎ Tyler Seguin in Lineup, Tim Thomas in Net As Patrice Bergeron, Dennis Seidenberg Get Day Off Against Senators

http://www.nesn.com/2011/04/tyler-se...against-s.html
    Last edited by bondon; April 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks a lot boys. I managed to sub out Rask for Schneider just before game time, and will go with Ward unless the NYR lose.

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    It appears that Timmy T is the likely starter tonight FYI. I would still keep an eye out.

Again, depending on the result of the NYR game you may be starting Halak and Schneider by default.

Edit: Here is the source for Thomas

NESN‎ Tyler Seguin in Lineup, Tim Thomas in Net As Patrice Bergeron, Dennis Seidenberg Get Day Off Against Senators

http://www.nesn.com/2011/04/tyler-se...against-s.html

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sorry bout this dude