Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Magnus Paajarvi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    I bet that at least three teams regret letting him fall-Dallas,Toronto and ...Ottawa.
    Dallas maybe, Toronto and Ottawa, no. Kadri and Cowen are better prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    and yeah I'm not guaranteeing he will top out at 25 goals 65 points or whatever, but there is a chance of that happening. Prospects are PROSPECTS.
    Well, yeah, that's true.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I'll quote this one cause it's less txt..

Anywho... I've watched a lot of Oiler games this year, and it's pretty evident by watching them, that he will become a high end player in this league. Whereas, if you watch Michalek play, even in his San Jose days, you just want to bang your head over and over

Saying MPS > Michalek is NOT a stretch, it's a reality even RIGHT NOW

Same goes for Schenn > Weiss... Altho, this is much tougher to call, because Weiss is a pretty decent player. However, he won't get to his potential unless he gets moved out of FLA, or FLA gets him some fwds to play with as their team is awful

Anyone that watches enough hockey, can make those observations. Off course nothing is set in stone, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to draw conclusions here...
    You're missing my point, so I'm not even gonna bother anymore.

Dobber Sports Genius

Oh...I get it, we can only speak in sure terms about some prospects?

During the off season, everyone said that Pajaarvi would not make the oilers because they were bringing too many rookies/too deep on the left side, yet he forced his way onto the team. At the same time, Kadri had a spot all but locked up...which he failed to lock in a situation that was far easier than the one Pajaarvi found himself in.

Even today at 19-20, if I am an NHL coach looking to set up a PP unit, Pajaarvi gets the nod over Mihalek ten times out of ten, so forget about that one.

Banned

Oh...I get it, we can only speak in sure terms about some prospects?

During the off season, everyone said that Pajaarvi would not make the oilers because they were bringing too many rookies/too deep on the left side, yet he forced his way onto the team. At the same time, Kadri had a spot all but locked up...which he failed to lock in a situation that was far easier than the one Pajaarvi found himself in.

Even today at 19-20, if I am an NHL coach looking to set up a PP unit, Pajaarvi gets the nod over Mihalek ten times out of ten, so forget about that one.
    Who cares about the PP unit, we're talking about all around play. **** fantasy hockey in this discussion.

and, I'm not saying they are sure things to be better than MPS for their entire careers. I'm just saying right now I take them over him. Not in fantasy. Kadri shouldn't be blamed for being rushed and potentially ruined like all prospects in Toronto.

One things for sure though, you're not an NHL coach! :P

Banned

didn't you just tell me that Prospects are just that, PROSPECTS? So how do you know who's a better prospect, what are you basing that on... Exactly nothing either...

So, who's being a "hypocrite"? I don't even think that term applies here, but that's what you wanted to call me. I think contradicting yourself is more appropriate in terms, but whatever..

Banned

didn't you just tell me that Prospects are just that, PROSPECTS? So how do you know who's a better prospect, what are you basing that on... Exactly nothing either...

So, who's being a "hypocrite"? I don't even think that term applies here, but that's what you wanted to call me. I think contradicting yourself is more appropriate in terms, but whatever..
    Yeah I worded it wrong. Read post above. I said right now I like them better, doesn't mean they will have better careers.

Dobber Sports Genius

Who cares about the PP unit, we're talking about all around play. **** fantasy hockey in this discussion.

Sorry, based on Bomm's first post, I had no way of seeing it wasn't a fantasy related topic, though I would still take the young Swede over Mihalek.

Banned

Edmonton would probably be a lot better off if they had a D prospect like Cowen as opposed to Paajarvi. But if they get Larsson this year then it will even out.

Banned

Yeah I worded it wrong. Read post above. I said right now I like them better, doesn't mean they will have better careers.
    even then, you NEVER know how anything can ruin someone's career.. Crosby is 1 hefty concussion away from being potentially done for life... So obviously NO one knows how anyone turns out prior to their careers.

However, if we are comparing Michalek vs. MPS, I like MPS as the better player just by watching the 2 players.

Banned

Sorry, based on Bomm's first post, I had no way of seeing it wasn't a fantasy related topic, though I would still take the young Swede over Mihalek.
    This isn't even the point of the discussion. I said that I think Paajarvi will develop into a player like Michalek. I'm not arguing who I would rather have and I am not specifically comparing both players. I'm just projecting Paajarvi.

Banned

even then, you NEVER know how anything can ruin someone's career.. Crosby is 1 hefty concussion away from being potentially done for life... So obviously NO one knows how anyone turns out prior to their careers.

However, if we are comparing Michalek vs. MPS, I like MPS as the better player just by watching the 2 players.
    That's just it, I wasn't comparing the two players! I'm saying MPS could project into a player LIKE him.

Dobber Sports Legend

The hype for Paajarvi was just a liiiiitle ridiculous. There's a reason he fell to the Oilers.
    What reason is that? Is it the same reason Perry "fell" to the Ducks at 28 or Parise fell to the Devils at 17 (while players like Zherdev, Michalek, Kostitsyn and Jessimen were picked a lot sooner)?

Just last year Cam Fowler "fell" to 12 and this year ended up being the best 18 rookie defenseman in the NHL. MPS was selected 10th overall, it's not like he was picked in the 2nd round.

Either way, "where" a player was drafted is worthless. There has been 1st overall busts and 4th round steals - great players are great players regardless of where they were picked.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

This isn't even the point of the discussion. I said that I think Paajarvi will develop into a player like Michalek. I'm not arguing who I would rather have and I am not specifically comparing both players. I'm just projecting Paajarvi.
    oke, so that's your opinion and that's fine...
    But the chances of him developing into Michalek 2.0 are much smaller, than him developing into Hossa 2.0

Again, just by watching him play

lol...well, it started off as a FH discussion, however, we veered left at Dutch's hypnotic avatar...only to never return.
    @SmittysRant