Thread: Goalie start help

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Goalie start help

Stats are W, GAA, SV%, SHO

I am in dire straits in my playoff matchup.....wins are already out of reach for me so the best I can hope for are solid GAA and SV% to inch me a little closer in those categories.

Right now:
    Me- W: 1, GAA: 2.14, SV%: .912, SHO: 1
    Him- W: 4, GAA: 1.72, SV%: .942, SHO: 1

I can start two of my guys tomorrow and then I am done. He'll have Ward/Rask tomorrow and then Anderson/Rask on Sunday.

Price vsWAS
    Halak @MIN
    Varly/Neuvy @MON

Who do you think stands the best chance of putting up a good statistical game? Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ugh...probably not Halak. He's been absolutely terrible in his last two games against Minnesota this season.
    Price has been average against the Capitals in his career but he's had two good games against them this season, and they'll be playing at home where he's been amazing.
    Varlamov has been amazing this season against the Habs.

At this point I might go with Price vs. Varlamov assuming that he's starting. Seems stupid but it might turn out to be a low scoring game with both teams focusing on defense.
    These teams have played each other 3 times, twice with Varlamov and Price squaring off, both those games were 3-0 win for WAS (1 EN goal) and the other one was 3-2 SO win for Price.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Rookie

FWIW, Minnesota has been shutout 3 times in its last 7 games (9 goals total).
    14 Team H2H G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    6F, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 2IR

F: Datsyuk, M. Richards, Callahan, Plekanec, Hartnell, Spezza, MacDonald, Downie, D'Agostini
    D: Suter, Kaberle, Kronwall
    G: Crawford, Montoya, Emery

Dobber Sports Ace

Tough Call. I agree that minny has not been all that great the last 10 games.... but Halak... wow. it just like being at the craps table with that guy.

Price/Nevy may be ok... and hope for a low scoring scoring game with a ton of shots.

Habs are coming of being dominated by the bruins so they should be playing with some edge(maybe_. The caps just got shut out by ottawa so.... it is a tough call.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto League - H2H, weekly changes - $100 WW budget - 75 remaining
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, Sv%, SOot

C - Getzlaf, E.Staal
    LW - Parise (RW), Benn
    RW - Giroux (C), Radulov
    D - Striet, Pietrangelo
    Util - Backes, Riberio, Malone
    G - Halak (Elliot), Rinne, Bryz
    Bench - M.Koivu, Kane (C)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Ugh...probably not Halak. He's been absolutely terrible in his last two games against Minnesota this season.
    Price has been average against the Capitals in his career but he's had two good games against them this season, and they'll be playing at home where he's been amazing.
    Varlamov has been amazing this season against the Habs.

At this point I might go with Price vs. Varlamov assuming that he's starting. Seems stupid but it might turn out to be a low scoring game with both teams focusing on defense.
    These teams have played each other 3 times, twice with Varlamov and Price squaring off, both those games were 3-0 win for WAS (1 EN goal) and the other one was 3-2 SO win for Price.
    Hey letnry, hope this isn't too late for you but looks like Holtby's in today. Coach doesn't want to start Varly in a B2B.
    Changes my answer to Halak/Price. I think given your matchup you're gonna need more than one start to make ground regardless, so just roll both and hope for the best imo.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thanks guys! I thought Holtby might get the start. I have him too, but didn't want to bother calling him up over a forward. So I'll hope for the best with Price and Halak. They are a big part of who got me here, so I'm fine living or dieing with them!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    So I'll hope for the best with Price and Halak. They are a big part of who got me here, so I'm fine living or dieing with them!
    Attaboy. That's the kind of mentality i like to see from H2H managers.