Thread: Which 5 player team is better?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Which 5 player team is better?

Points only (G-1 A-1). These 2 teams are in our H2H playoffs, playing each other
    this week and possibly next week as well. They have been very even since Jan. 20 (2 points difference).
    Team A.........Team B
    Point............Marner
    Hoffman.......*Schwartz
    Granlund......**Trochek
    Atkinson.......Huberdeau
    S. Jones.......OEL
    OEL has actually been "hotter" than Jones the last 11-12 games.
    *Schwartz replaced Stastny on Feb 3.
    **Trochek replaced Zuccarello on Feb 27

Both teams have B. Schenn on their rosters. It's a non-draft pool thus many teams
    could have many of the same players.

If Team B dropped Schenn and added M. Stone, Team B (below)
    would improve itself quite a bit,no, provided Schenn doesn't take off?
    Schenn has 4 points in last 12GP...Stone 15/12

Team A.........Team B
    Point............Marner
    Hoffman.......Schwartz
    Granlund......Trochek
    Atkinson.......Huberdeau
    S. Jones.......OEL
    B Schenn.....Stone

Thanks for any replies. Appreciate and will rep who I can. I'm Team B.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Which 5 player team is better?

I like B by a little, and as a result I would just keep Schenn. No need to give your opponent more opportunities to get one up on you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks EB.
    Been thinking about dropping Schenn for a couple of weeks now (he has 4 points in last 12 games) but exactly what you say below has been stopping me. The last thing I need is to drop him and he goes off (he was back with Tank last game, don't know about prior games). Stone has been steady all year but really ramped it up lately with 15pts/12gp.
    Guess both could regress.
    Since adding Trochek Feb 27 and with Schwartz warming up I've actually gotten 5 more points than team A so based on more recent games my team has been slightly better.
    I have a 1 point lead in this week's H2H. 3 of us are playing each other with the winner getting a bye to the finals. Should I not win this week I have another chance next week to advance. Think I can afford to sit on Schenn for awhile and see how he does. I still have 2 SWAPS left, team A has one and the other team has 0 so I'm in good shape here if need be.
    So THANK YOU for chrystalizing my thinking. I've been hesitant to drop Schenn and you've helped me with this decision for the time being. The 3rd team in the playoffs doesn't have Schenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I like B by a little, and as a result I would just keep Schenn. No need to give your opponent more opportunities to get one up on you.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Titan

If you have the second chance, I would wait until at least Thursday before making any moves. At that point you'll have a better idea of what needs to be done, and you can maximize some games played.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If you have the second chance, I would wait until at least Thursday before making any moves. At that point you'll have a better idea of what needs to be done, and you can maximize some games played.
    So Schenn has a point tonight...LOL. Sheesh. Think I will take a few more days to mull things over...our week ends on Saturday and even if I don't win this week there is always next. Thanks again EB.

Dobber Sports Master

I also prefer Team B, but I would keep Schwartz. I'm pretty sure I heard that Stone is listed as Day to Day, so he wouldn't be my choice for a pickup right now.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I also prefer Team B, but I would keep Schwartz. I'm pretty sure I heard that Stone is listed as Day to Day, so he wouldn't be my choice for a pickup right now.
    Thanks Bottlenecker. Stone did NOT play last night. I hadn't heard a thing about him being DTD. So dodged a bullet there as if I had done the swap it would have had to have been done well b4 the Sens game started. Sometimes being really really thoughtful (OK procrastinating) pays off.
    Yea, I'm keeping Schwartz...he's been doing fine lately. I don't understand how line mates can have such different results especially as they were both so hot together at the start of the year.
    Other than Stone, there are a ton of guys I could SWAP into my lineup if, when, I do one.

Dobber Sports Genius

Team A.........Team B
    Point............Marner
    Hoffman.......*Schwartz
    Granlund......**Trochek- Wash
    Atkinson.......Huberdeau
    S. Jones.......OEL Wash

So a slight win for team B for me. However it's so close who ever is a little hotter that week will win not necessarily the better team overall.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Padawan

I take Team B, and preferably the Team B with Stone.
    I agree with the idea of not wanting your opponent to get Schenn, but from my understanding players can be owned by multiple teams anyways?

Either way I like Team B better.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for replying Canucks_fan. Agreed, my team (B) and my main opponent (A) have been incredibly close the last couple of months, just a few points in my favour. So yeah, just a little hotter is enough. We are tied after 2 days, 3 points up on the 3rd team. Had I dumped Schenn yesterday for Stone I'd be trailing by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Team A.........Team B
    Point............Marner
    Hoffman.......*Schwartz
    Granlund......**Trochek- Wash
    Atkinson.......Huberdeau
    S. Jones.......OEL Wash

So a slight win for team B for me. However it's so close who ever is a little hotter that week will win not necessarily the better team overall.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    I take Team B, and preferably the Team B with Stone.
    I agree with the idea of not wanting your opponent to get Schenn, but from my understanding players can be owned by multiple teams anyways?

Either way I like Team B better.
    Thanks MasterByte. Yes, it's a year long NON draft pool (with a H2H competition within the pool) therefore several of the 14 teams could have many of the same players on them. In this case Team A and me both have Schenn on our rosters. The debate for me is...if I drop Schenn then Team A has him and I have whoever I replace Schenn with. Is it worth dropping Schenn for someone who may or not outproduce him during our Playoffs which end March 31? Or just leave Schenn on my roster and his production irrelevant vs Team A.
    If I don't drop Schenn me and Team A will have 5 different players. If I do drop Schenn, we will have 6 different players.
    I'm just worried that Schenn, if I drop him, may heat up now that he's back with Tank (the last 2 games anyway) and out point whomever I replace him with.
    EDIT: tried to REP you MasterByte but couldn't. Sorry.