Thread: Offer for McDavid in Banger league.. need advice..

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Offer for McDavid in Banger league.. need advice..

Now I will start off by saying I know how stupid it is that I'm actually asking this.. so in a banger league where pims hits b/s and then the usual +- PPP shp etc.. I was offered chabot eichel and 1st round pick (2019) for McDavid and last round pick (2019)... this is a 24 man roster with 12 keeper spots... in my league avg points per game for these players are as follows: chabot (3.0), eichel(2.4) and McDavid (2.6)

Any advice would be appreciated

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Offer for McDavid in Banger league.. need advice..

My advice would be don’t trade away the best player in the game. There is only one Mcdavid

Dobber Sports Sage

It's not enough to consider it imo.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ace

I would not do that deal in your league, but it’s not the worst deal. In a dynasty where you can keep all, I might actually consider that deal. All though I would still want more, probably the addition of a Tolvanen, Zadina or Svechnikov type of youngster.

But in a league with only 12 keepers I would want to maximize those spots meaning I’d want consolidated strength which McD is the absolute tops. I love Chabot and think he is going to be one of the top fantasy D’s for many years, but I don’t quite think his current level of production is sustainable. I’d expect him to have a similar career to the guy he took over for, Karlsson. So right now you would be buying at possibly a higher value than normal.

I also am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to Eichel. Don’t get me wrong, he’s an absolutely amazing player, but I don’t quite think he’s as good as some of his hype might suggest. There are a number of young C’s I would prefer in Dynasty, including Elias Pettersson, McKinnon, Scheif, Matthews and as crazy as it might seem possibly Barzal and Aho. Those last two are very iffy though and I still think I’d need to see more from them to make that decision. I might even throw PLD into that argument in multi cats only that count hits and PIM. But don’t think he will be the offensive player those others are. But I definitely don’t rate Eichel as a top 10 dynasty player like many rankings have him.

So yea, to make that deal in your league I would need the inclusion of another terrific young talent the likes of Keller, Boeser or somthing like that. But even then I’d be skeptical.

Really, when it comes to a player like McD though I might reject any offer, even if it was a huge overpayment. But with only 12 keepers, I’d pretty much always take quality over quantity. I also don’t rate those draft picks as highly for similar reasons. Those are kind of just extra as far as I’m concerned. I often think draft picks are overrated and usually try to trade them for actual value unless I’m sure to be able to draft a Dhalin or Pettersson type of phenom.

And yes I am that high on Aho and Barzal long term and made sure to acquire them both where possible in my dynasty leagues. I think they both might produce similarly to Eichel for fantasy purposes at a much likely cheaper price.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    I would not do that deal in your league, but it’s not the worst deal. In a dynasty where you can keep all, I might actually consider that deal. All though I would still want more, probably the addition of a Tolvanen, Zadina or Svechnikov type of youngster.

But in a league with only 12 keepers I would want to maximize those spots meaning I’d want consolidated strength which McD is the absolute tops. I love Chabot and think he is going to be one of the top fantasy D’s for many years, but I don’t quite think his current level of production is sustainable. I’d expect him to have a similar career to the guy he took over for, Karlsson. So right now you would be buying at possibly a higher value than normal.

I also am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to Eichel. Don’t get me wrong, he’s an absolutely amazing player, but I don’t quite think he’s as good as some of his hype might suggest. There are a number of young C’s I would prefer in Dynasty, including Elias Pettersson, McKinnon, Scheif, Matthews and as crazy as it might seem possibly Barzal and Aho. Those last two are very iffy though and I still think I’d need to see more from them to make that decision. I might even throw PLD into that argument in multi cats only that count hits and PIM. But don’t think he will be the offensive player those others are. But I definitely don’t rate Eichel as a top 10 dynasty player like many rankings have him.

So yea, to make that deal in your league I would need the inclusion of another terrific young talent the likes of Keller, Boeser or somthing like that. But even then I’d be skeptical.

Really, when it comes to a player like McD though I might reject any offer, even if it was a huge overpayment. But with only 12 keepers, I’d pretty much always take quality over quantity. I also don’t rate those draft picks as highly for similar reasons. Those are kind of just extra as far as I’m concerned. I often think draft picks are overrated and usually try to trade them for actual value unless I’m sure to be able to draft a Dhalin or Pettersson type of phenom.

And yes I am that high on Aho and Barzal long term and made sure to acquire them both where possible in my dynasty leagues. I think they both might produce similarly to Eichel for fantasy purposes at a much likely cheaper price.
    Appreciate it! Ya I ran numbers and at first glance it was okay... my only hiccup with chabot is that not proven nor consistent at this point.. another Avenue would be chabot tkachuk and marner.. plus the pick.. but in that even I dont know either..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If this was MacKinnon or Matthews instead of Eichel, I'd be more tempted. Eichel has been hurt a bit too often for me to gamble on that.

If you were getting a proven elite defender back, I'd do it. this seems to be something keep on the back burner, but not do right now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

simply no, Chabot will regress a lot of secondary assists.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Sage

To consider moving McDavid in any league, but especially limited keepers, it ought to require an unreasonable return.

Think of it this way. Every single year you have an advantage over every team because you have the best player in fantasy hockey. Probably for the next decade. It's a huge advantage having him so why would you give that up? I would only do it if the move all but guaranteed you the win (barring multiple injuries or extreme bad luck) and set you up well for future years to come.

The return here isn't close to guaranteeing you the win this year and setting you up in the future. We're not even sure Eichel will ever be a top 10 scorer yet and Chabot is on a hot streak with a small sample size on a bad team and he reaks regression.

Certainly not enough to consider giving up your annual advantage with McDavid year over year.

The type of trade I'm talking about would look something like this: Kucherov (a top 10 scorer now and for several years), Matthews (a likely top 10 scorer in the near future), a tier 1 or 2 defensemen, and some picks for next year for McDavid and essentially the players you'd have to drop along with the picks you couldn't use.

You would essentially be getting 3 keepers for 1 and a pick advantage for next season. I'd only consider doing this in a year you are competitive for winning, otherwise your rebuild starts with McDavid and you don't trade him.

This type of offer would be worth consideration. And still Im hesitant to give him up in a limited keeper but you've got my attention. Anything not close to an offer like that isn't worth further discussion in a keep 12 imo. In my league in Sig, a keep 2 I will simply never trade him. He's too valuable.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):