Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Vegas Golden Knights

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Vegas Golden Knights

How has Glass looked thus far? I see he got a couple of assists the other day? What do you guys think the chances are that he sticks around all year and gets top 6 minutes?
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Veteran

If he makes the team I doubt he plays in the top 6.

They are stacked on those to two lines:

1- Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
    2- Pacioretty - Statsny - Tuch

but I can see him playing 3rd line C with Haula on his wing.

3- Haula - Glass - Carr?
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Master

All quiet on the Theodore front, even after Morrissey and Nurse sign... Does this eat into the season^? I am betting no, but stranger things have happened with this Vegas management group, who had this guy start in, and dominate the AHL before their contract situations were settled.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    All quiet on the Theodore front, even after Morrissey and Nurse sign... Does this eat into the season^? I am betting no, but stranger things have happened with this Vegas management group, who had this guy start in, and dominate the AHL before their contract situations were settled.
    Wonder if the hold up is something around a NMC clause for Theodore?

I don't know how his contract structure is supposed to work, but he must be sick and tired of bouncing between AHL & NHL.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Wonder if the hold up is something around a NMC clause for Theodore?

I don't know how his contract structure is supposed to work, but he must be sick and tired of bouncing between AHL & NHL.
    I believe players are not eligible for NMCs or even NTCs until after they reach UFA age.

Regardless, Theodore is eligible for waivers now, so there's zero chance he sees the AHL again.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I believe players are not eligible for NMCs or even NTCs until after they reach UFA age.

Regardless, Theodore is eligible for waivers now, so there's zero chance he sees the AHL again.
    Ahh good to know, thanks JP!
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Wizard

Theodore might just be holding out because he knows Vegas is feeling the pressure. They're already without Schmidt for a long period of time. If they don't have Theodore either, that leaves them with just Miller who can move the puck on their blue line. Theodore might see this as an opportunity to get that long-term contract and the security that comes from that. But I'm just speculating here, I have no idea what's really going on.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Theodore might just be holding out because he knows Vegas is feeling the pressure. They're already without Schmidt for a long period of time. If they don't have Theodore either, that leaves them with just Miller who can move the puck on their blue line. Theodore might see this as an opportunity to get that long-term contract and the security that comes from that. But I'm just speculating here, I have no idea what's really going on.
    An interesting thought. If Theodore keeps holding out it may open a chance for either Hague or Brannstrom to start the year with the team. Both are waivers-exempt AFAIK, so the team could play them until Theodore and/or Schmidt return then simply send them down at their convenience.

Probably better that than counting on Merrill or Hunt to be a puck-mover. They’re fine enough depth guys, but you probably don’t want either one on your power play. I have to think you’d rather have Hague or Brannstrom on your 3rd pairing and PP2 than have Merrill there and have Holden on PP2.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    An interesting thought. If Theodore keeps holding out it may open a chance for either Hague or Brannstrom to start the year with the team. Both are waivers-exempt AFAIK, so the team could play them until Theodore and/or Schmidt return then simply send them down at their convenience.

Probably better that than counting on Merrill or Hunt to be a puck-mover. They’re fine enough depth guys, but you probably don’t want either one on your power play. I have to think you’d rather have Hague or Brannstrom on your 3rd pairing and PP2 than have Merrill there and have Holden on PP2.
    Would be even more interesting if that happens and Hague & Brannstrom really run with it and don't look back.

Theodore would lose all the bargaining ground he had.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Would be even more interesting if that happens and Hague & Brannstrom really run with it and don't look back.

Theodore would lose all the bargaining ground he had.
    I think losing ALL his bargaining power may be overstating it a bit, but you’re right, they are probably both talented enough to grab that job away from him if he’s sitting out, but they’re both really young and I’m not sure Brannstrom has actually played a game in North America yet.

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Dobber Sports Master

I tend to agree with Bob McKenzie from TSN when it comes to things like RFAs coming off ELCs. In reality, they have very little leverage, even in situations like this where the team just lost their most complete defenceman for 20 games. Young players need to play and they have very little track record on which to rely for the purposes of negotiations. Theodore wants to be paid for what he will be worth in 2-3 years. Vegas wants 2 years of production before they pay him. The net result is the stalemate but once games start getting played, this will hurt Theo more than Vegas, even if Vegas loses games. They are all about long-term and they'll stick to that mantra when it comes to their contracts. A bridge deal at just around 4 is what I expect. Maybe even 4.5.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

Maybe I just have an inflated view of Thedore but I see him getting 9 to 10 mil over 2 years, if it ends up being a bridge deal.

I haven't look at the advanced stats but his skating and zone entries throughout the cup run were elite tier, at least based on my eye test.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Maybe I just have an inflated view of Thedore but I see him getting 9 to 10 mil over 2 years, if it ends up being a bridge deal.

I haven't look at the advanced stats but his skating and zone entries throughout the cup run were elite tier, at least based on my eye test.
    I see it the same way. The 4 to 4.5 was per annum. Total 9.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

I wonder if the fact that Brannstrom is absolutely lighting up the preseason is putting the heat on the Theodore camp. He’s been THE biggest story out of Vegas so far, and I have to think that the team will give him every chance to succeed. Every big game by #12 is just driving down Theodore’s bargaining power.

The question might become “How do we keep both Brannstrom and Theodore in the NHL” rather than “Does Brannstrom play while Schmidt and Theodore are out” at this rate

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    I wonder if the fact that Brannstrom is absolutely lighting up the preseason is putting the heat on the Theodore camp. He?s been THE biggest story out of Vegas so far, and I have to think that the team will give him every chance to succeed. Every big game by #12 is just driving down Theodore?s bargaining power.

The question might become ?How do we keep both Brannstrom and Theodore in the NHL? rather than ?Does Brannstrom play while Schmidt and Theodore are out? at this rate
    How realistic is Brannstrom's chance to make the team for the entire season? I know he's looked great but plenty of young players do well in the preseason only to be sent down anyway, because management has already decided on the course of action they want to take.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???