Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jack Hughes - New World Order

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Jack Hughes - New World Order

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Very good to know. Will consider trading for a high 2019 1st round draft pick in my league if that's the case. Lafrenier, Hughes and Byfield are all a year behind Dahlin I would guess?

And I had thought perhaps Dahlin would be closer to a defensive version of Crosby/McDavid level prospect. But perhaps not. I guess Erik Karlsson, Burns and Hedman would be the top D to compare with. All though Burns didn't do it his whole career. I suspect though Dahlin is ranked ahead of even McAvoy as far as level of D prospect?
    Lafrenier and Byfield are eligible for the 2020 NHL draft, so they're two years behind Dahlin. And Byfield still needs to prove himself at the OHL level before we can really put him in that same group.

Dahlin has the upside to become the best defenseman of this generation (the generation that started when Lidstrom retired) but I still don't like using the generational tag on him because of how special players like Crosby and McDavid are.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think America is closing the gap on Canada, just need to keep pumping out talent like we have the past four years and we might win a gold medal if the nhl ever let’s pros in the Olympics
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Administrator

It's a discussion worth having but why is this centered around Jack Hughes?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's a discussion worth having but why is this centered around Jack Hughes?
    Because he is part of the future of USA hockey. I'm impressed by his play AND the play of the other USA players I mentioned.

Administrator

A lot of prospects and a lot of good stuff coming out of USA. The best of the best are still produced elsewhere. There's no American Crosby/McDavid, no American Lidstrom, no American Price/Lundqvist. You can go on. When there's an American "face of the NHL" then this argument will carry more weight.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Quoting myself because I just remembered that Kristian Vesalainen played in the SHL when he was just 16 years old, so I believe Jack Hughes would be eligible to play there as well. I think Finland has similar rules but can't remember any case of an underage player coming from outside of Finland to play in the top Finnish league. Couldn't find any such case from EliteProspects either.
    Just to clarify Mathews' situation, he had to wait until he was 18 due to Swiss laws about work visas issued to foreigners. Nothing to do with rules in the NLA, as Hishier played for SC Bern in the same year Matthews played for ZSC. I don't know whether Sweden and Finland have similar laws or not, so Hughes may or may not be able to play there next year.