Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disappointments of the season and projections for the next

The Great One

Default Re: Disappointments of the season and projections for the next

Is Jackie Hughe a disapointet/buy low?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I should have seen this coming, but I had high hopes for Max Domi this year. Complete non-factor on CBJ. I also thought Dubois (fair) and Barzal were underwhelming. Doesn't help that they are foundational pieces on my team, hoping for big years next year at just 22 and 23.
    12 team dynasty, H2H points, no cap, no max games
    12F (4 slots per pos), 6D, 2G, 32 players + 21 minor slots, minors eligibility <80 GP
    G: 4 / A: 2 / / Blk, Hit, SOG: 0.5 / Goalie W: 3 / Shutout: 1 / STP: 1 / SV% >.92: 1 / SV: 0.25

C: Eichel, Trochek, Barzal, Suzuki,
    W: Draisaitl, Ehlers, Dubois, Buchnevich, Necas, Debrusk, McCann, Jarvis
    D: Hughes, Morissey, Chychrun, Bouchard, Pionk, Parayko, McNabb
    G: Ullmark, Hart, Grubauer, Korpisalo

Prospects:
    Knies, Reichel, Kemell, Robertson
    Sandstrom

Dobber Sports Initiate

Disapointment: so many went in my team this year!

Meier, Zucker, Mantha, Teravainen, Larkin, Seguin, Pietrangelo, Lenher, Kucherov, Nelson, Gurianov, Hall, M. Tkachuk, D. Strome, Puljujarvi, DeAngelo

The good new is that I have been able to trade/drop most of them

Dobber Sports Monster

Andersen, Schwartz, Radulov, Meier, EKarlsson for me. EK has been okay but I was hoping for at least similar pts/g to last year.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

Disappointments on my team, which caused me to lose, beyond a league that dictated I pay more for players than they have to, because who likes a guy on top... Was No. 1 for multiple years...

Evgeni Malkin - Was injured and missed those all important camp and preseason games to get his legs beneath him. Remember, Geno is no spring chicken (turns 35 in July), so it takes longer for the older vets to warm up. Which is why it took 10-15 games into the season for him to finally come around. Prior to his initial injury he had ramped up with 12 points in 8 games. Close to his last year's production of 74 points in 55 games, a prorate of 110 points over 82 games. Also some trivia, Malkin led the NHL last year in 5-on-5 hockey over 60 minutes. Yes, even over the power house duo of Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. So anything short of a point-per-game from an elite powerhouse like Geno is considered a HUGE disappointment.

Timo Meier - Was expected to have a breakout season, but his usual 12 percent shooting percentage fell to under 8, and on top of that the San Jose Sharks minus Evander Kane, have been pretty bad. Timo Time was like a broken clock, that's right twice a day, his production has only shown up twice this season. He had a nice streak going 18 games in and another streak actively going now.

Dylan Larkin - After a 73 point season in 76 games in 18/19, and a strong second-half of 28 points in his final 30 games, much was expected from Larkin heading into this short, yet condensed 56 game season, and admittedly, things started off on the right foot (11-4-5-9), but that would not last long as the straw that stirs the drink in Tyler Bertuzzi succumbed to injury. Then after a long stretch of producing nothing, he took a nasty spill, and was done for the season. Yay!

Johnny Gaudreau - Before I had Leon Draisaitl, I had Johnny Hockey. I also had Sebastian Aho, but that's besides the point. Johnny Hockey has been underwhelming ever since his 18/19 season where he put up 99 points. He started out the month of January strong, but that soon fizzled out. While his goal tallies have been strong this year, the playmaking aspect of his game took a hit. A lot of it is blamed on the lack of a driver he had for a centerman in Sean Monahan. Their magic seems to have worn off, and Johnny's game has taken a hit as a result. Then in comes in coach Darryl Sutter, who's more about old school and grit, and having his team play by committee, and the fact he likes his players more on the physical side. We're talking about Gaudreau, who now has the lowest number of hits ever recorded by a skater who's played in at least 70 games, since the NHL has recorded hits, with 1. Yes, that's 1 hit in 70 games. He's since brought that grand total up to 8 in 51 games, which I assume the bulk have come under Sutter's tutelage.

Nick Leddy - Oh how can anyone put the new No. 1 New York Islanders defenseman who's currently on a 45 point prorate over 82 games, clearly the best production of any dman on Long Island and his best production outside of one year he put up 46 points.... Easily! Allow me to explain, 25 of his first 30 points came in the first 37 games. Great, right? Wrong! You want your guy to be good during those important weeks (esp in H2H leagues) where those points determine who you face off in your first week of your league's playoffs and also, well, how you do during the playoffs. 5 points in his final 18 games does not cut it. And it's also back to his usual we seen in his first two years under Barry Trotz.

Linus Ullmark - Great numbers and won the bulk of his team's games, so why disappointing? Two major injuries that shelved him for 30 games. That's 50 games he's missed in the last two seasons. So while the big goalie in Buffalo has been even Dominik Hasek-isque in games the past two years and given both Buffalo Sabres fans and fantasy owners hope for the future, the injury woes cut down his otherwise remarkable season. Your players are only as good as the games they play in. Who cares if a player can put up 2 points-per-game if he plays a quarter of a season... Durability counts every bit as production during games played.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dubois : That guy seems to have a lot of hype...In all my leagues the price is pretty high to get him, and doesnt seems to deliver in Winnipeg....
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Star

ive won 2 of my leagues yesterday and the favourite for my third league that got extended so more things went right than wrong but.....

Andrei Svechnikov / Teuvo Teravainen
    both had down years for different reasons. teuvo had a concussion and was out for most of the season. svechnikov was stuck playing with jstaal for a good chunk of the beginning of the season. when teuvo was down for a long while, svech was on the aho line but they werent super productive with a rotation of (third line) wingers playing with them. once teuvo came back, that magic rekindled. this is a situation where all 3 need to be playing together for the magic to happen. i expect both to return to point-per-game ways pending health. it is worth noting svechnikov has just crossed the 200 GP threshold and is entering his 4th year....

Erik Karlsson
    he had 40 points in 56 games played last season so i thought at worst hed match the same pace. boy was that wrong. hes a deep round flyer for me now, just not worth the risk with a higher pick

Morgan Rielly
    This guy had 72 pts 2 seasons ago. Barrie went to Toronto and torpedo'd his totals. Barrie is gone, Rielly should be back to his 70 point ways on such a high scoring team with Marner and Matthews right? Wrong. 34 points in 53 games (52 pt pace) , less than 2 sogs per game. fine totals for most dmen but in my books disappointing. i blame this entirely on the strange struggles of the leafs powerplay so hopefully next season will be better.

Seth Jones
    multi-cat stud still so in the right league he was still very valuable. but only 28 points in 56 games for a 41 pt pace for him? down year for columbus scoring all around. with a new coach next season, hes a sleeper in my books.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Dubois : That guy seems to have a lot of hype...In all my leagues the price is pretty high to get him, and doesnt seems to deliver in Winnipeg....
    Didn't seem to deliver in Columbus as well, which is why he rode the bench. That trade looks so bad for the Jets.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    ive won 2 of my leagues yesterday and the favourite for my third league that got extended so more things went right than wrong but.....

Andrei Svechnikov / Teuvo Teravainen
    both had down years for different reasons. teuvo had a concussion and was out for most of the season. svechnikov was stuck playing with jstaal for a good chunk of the beginning of the season. when teuvo was down for a long while, svech was on the aho line but they werent super productive with a rotation of (third line) wingers playing with them. once teuvo came back, that magic rekindled. this is a situation where all 3 need to be playing together for the magic to happen. i expect both to return to point-per-game ways pending health. it is worth noting svechnikov has just crossed the 200 GP threshold and is entering his 4th year....

Erik Karlsson
    he had 40 points in 56 games played last season so i thought at worst hed match the same pace. boy was that wrong. hes a deep round flyer for me now, just not worth the risk with a higher pick
    This^!!!!!

Karlsson I held on to way too long into the season because I kept thinking "he can't be THIS bad" ....... but he is. And Svech I drafted 1st overall in our non-keeper redraft and felt great about it. Now left to wonder whether I should be keeping Guentzel over him.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Padawan

I was disappointed in Tarasenko's play down the stretch. His shoulder seemed to be holding up great but he started getting lower body injuries and was just overall quiet for a guy of his caliber. Is this worn down, almost 30yr old version of Tarasenko who we're going to get from now on or do you think he'll bounce back after an offseason to heal up and a full training camp?
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post

Meier, Zucker, Mantha, Teravainen, Larkin, Seguin, Pietrangelo, Lenher, Kucherov, Nelson, Gurianov, Hall, M. Tkachuk, D. Strome, Puljujarvi, DeAngelo

how can you be disappointed in kucherov? really curious what your expectations were for him this season
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    how can you be disappointed in kucherov? really curious what your expectations were for him this season
    Learning few weeks weeks before the season begins that your top gun is out for the season, yes, this is a disapointment, at the least...

Dobber Sports Star

in my roto keeper with kucherov, im the favourite entering this final week. it can be done, it just takes everything else going right.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post

Is it good news? I suppose in a 1yr league it is. But a keeper/dynasty you just sold low on a whole roster. If I had to bet, I'd say 1/2 of these will come back to bite you next year
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Is it good news? I suppose in a 1yr league it is. But a keeper/dynasty you just sold low on a whole roster. If I had to bed, I'd say 1/2 of these will come back to bite you next year
    Luca is bang on here. These are the threads I use each year to figure out which guys I'll target for next season.

While not all of them will hit/bounce back - if you're paying appropriate value (whether in a deal or at the draft table) you're setting yourself up for success imo.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji