Thread: Who'd you rather? Vrana or Batherson?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Who'd you rather? Vrana or Batherson?

G'day! Wondering who you'd prefer long term. Vrana or Batherson? Categories in Sig. Points only.

PS, you all rock!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Who'd you rather? Vrana or Batherson?

I'd say Vrana short and long term. Should be a fixture in the top 6 of a skilled team for years.
    12 Team Keeper League, 28 Player Roster

G, A, PTS, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG, PPA, HT, GHHT
    W, GA, SV, SHO

C: Barkov, Barzal, Dubois, Point
    LW: Fiala, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Svechnikov
    RW: Ehlers, Kyrou,​S. Reinhart, Tomasino
    D: Bouchard, Ekblad, Makar, R. Merkley, Rielly, Theodore
    Bench: K. Johnson, Harley
    Minors: Johnston, McTavish, Clarke
    G: Saros, Thompson

Dobber Sports Deity

At this point, I am not sure how you can justify taking Batherson over Vrana. It's not like Vrana has reached his potential and is already playing in the NHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Vrana is my choice also.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Vrana very easily. Higher upside and already playing in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    At this point, I am not sure how you can justify taking Batherson over Vrana. It's not like Vrana has reached his potential and is already playing in the NHL.
    I can't right now. Just curious. I actually like Vrana a lot but always like to see if there are better options. That's why I ask you folks. You all are pretty good at giving sound advice.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Batherson over Jankowski?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Vrana would be my choice but I honestly can't give you some great concrete reasoning behind it. I was high on Vrana last year and he was a complete let down, relatively speaking. I know he started to show up later in the season and through the playoff run, but so did everyone else around him.

Having a Cup under his belt is a nice confidence booster as well.

Dobber Sports Star

Vrana is the easy choice. As to the second pairing, I think that Batherson being less of a known provides him with a chance of outperforming Jankowski. So I'll take the Drake, although Jankowski could be the winner by being a more reliable NHL player.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I can't right now. Just curious. I actually like Vrana a lot but always like to see if there are better options. That's why I ask you folks. You all are pretty good at giving sound advice.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Batherson over Jankowski?
    Vrana. And Jankowski versus Batherson is a coin flip to me. Jankowski will get you points sooner, but given your rebuild, I'm not sure that matters to you...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Vrana for me.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket