Thread: Goldobin's futur in Vancouver

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Goldobin's futur in Vancouver

Hey everyone,

I own Goldobin for 2 years now and I was very happy when he get trade to the Canucks but he did't seem to get the deployment to show what he is capable of. I mean, he is obviously a good player (he pass the eye test easily) but he did't see a lot of ice time. What do you think he is gonna be able to do with all the others talented wingers who are coming soon in vancouver? Still a top 6?? should I hold to him or not?
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Skinner, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, DeBrusk
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Samsonov
    Bench: Rust, Backstrom, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, Sharangovich, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Brodie, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Fleury, Bobrovsky, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Korchinski, Ersson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Goldobin's futur in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Muir View Post
    Hey everyone,

I own Goldobin for 2 years now and I was very happy when he get trade to the Canucks but he did't seem to get the deployment to show what he is capable of. I mean, he is obviously a good player (he pass the eye test easily) but he did't see a lot of ice time. What do you think he is gonna be able to do with all the others talented wingers who are coming soon in vancouver? Still a top 6?? should I hold to him or not?
    Just an opinion but I hear he has a pretty poor work ethic. This was a while ago and maybe he's gotten better, but I think he's on a short leash. He's got skill, no question, but skill alone means nothing if you don't work.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Just an opinion but I hear he has a pretty poor work ethic. This was a while ago and maybe he's gotten better, but I think he's on a short leash. He's got skill, no question, but skill alone means nothing if you don't work.
    I agree with Mike here and I'm staying away. Work ethic and lacking compete is one of my biggest red flags. This is the quote Lemon's is probably referring to from the Mercury News in 2017. "Goldobin, who’s suited up for six NHL games this season, is running into the same criticism in Vancouver that he faced in San Jose. No one can question the 22-year-old forward’s skill with the puck, but his compete level, work ethic and three zone play wavered through his two seasons with the AHL Barracuda."

5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Thanks, I guess that explain why he did't get more opportunities!
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Skinner, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, DeBrusk
    Bench: Rust, Backstrom, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, Sharangovich, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Brodie, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Fleury, Bobrovsky, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

Would it cause you issues if you held him one more year? I think his NHL future will be clear by the end of this season.

Dobber Sports Jedi

His future in Van is entirely dependant on THIS season. He will either show up or ship out.. and likely for a late pick.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

I have very little expectation for Goldy. The depth chart is getting increasingly deeper and unless he really forces the Canucks hand by posting some solid numbers are showing some chemistry with the can't miss kids (Horvat, Petterson and Boeser) I think he's ending up on the scrap heap.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

I'm scared for him if the Canucks have a hot start and Pettersson gets sent right to top line. If the team is doing well I know that Green is gonna play the guys he trusts and Goldobin is a guy that needs to still earn that trust. If the team flounders (hopefully) then he will be given every opportunity to prove himself as he is waiver eligible.

He's also got to compete with:

Pettersson
    Baertschi
    Eriksson (yes he sucks but his contract means they will give him every chance)

To a lesser extent

Leipsic (same situation as Goldy, looked solid last year in a small sample size and isn't getting younger)
    Granlund
    Roussel...

And if injuries hit:

Dahlen

for a LW spot

If you can get something of value for him I'd do it, but if not holding onto him isn't the worst thing. Something tells me the risk is worth more than the value you will get unless you find a trade partner that has been living under a rock for the last 2 years and he's still a hot prospect in his mind.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Yes, I can hold to him one more year without problem. So, we will know about his future very soon!

Thanks for the input everyones!!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like referring to him as Bronze'obin!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I like referring to him as Bronze'obin!!
    Haha!! funny one!