Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Subban and Hutton Trades

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Subban and Hutton Trades

This is for a couple of trades with 2 different GMs.

The first being a trade to gain Subban as my defense needs to get a bit of a boost. Subban is on the GMs trade block but I'm not sure if he wants to move him as he recently moved Doughty for Hanifin in a deal with another GM (Hanifin being another option I'd like from him). He showed an interest in Kerfoot which I believe would be someone I can tie in a deal for HANIFIN and not Subban but what are ya'lls thoughts on who I should move for either Hanifin or Subban?

The second trade is for Hutton from another GM. I need to get another goalie on the team just in case Duby gets injured cause I don't know if Hammond is going to be his true backup since Stalock has been pretty decent. Inquired about Hutton and his response was "Seeing as Hutton is a potential starter, I would want some value for him. I am either thinking of Kane or Granlund". I don't want to move Granlund but Kane is a band-aid boy and has decent value being on the Sharks but I feel like Kane might have a BIT more value than Hutton so I am not sure if a 1 for 1 trade is viable. Thoughts on this?

Thanks for your time everyone!
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

The Great One

Default Re: Subban and Hutton Trades

If you can turn Kerfoot into anything, do it. He had a decent rookie season but doesn't shoot the puck and was 23 as a rookie. I don't see him panning out much long term.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Expert

I think the other manager is massively overvaluing Hutton. I'd move on and look at another goalie if you're thinking of moving Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think the other manager is massively overvaluing Hutton. I'd move on and look at another goalie if you're thinking of moving Kane.
    That was my thought as well. He has Jake Allen, Hutton, and Chad Johnson as goalies. I don't need anything stellar but figured I would ask about Hutton since he has really only one super proven year and that's not much of a basis to net him either Kane or Granlund. I know another GM is looking to move Bobrovsky but I can't imagine what that trade would look like.

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    If you can turn Kerfoot into anything, do it. He had a decent rookie season but doesn't shoot the puck and was 23 as a rookie. I don't see him panning out much long term.
    Think so? I had some decent hopes for him after his rookie season. A lot of teams seem to be interested in him but it's usually for picks or something and I'd rather keep him at that point. I feel like putting Kerfoot in a deal to net me Hanifin wouldn't be a bad option, the GM that has Hanifin also expressed interest in Bowey so a Hanifin for Kerfoot and Bowey might not be a bad start.

Minors:

Sorry to go off onto a different goalie trade now but a manager offered up Bobrovsky to me and said that he has interest in the following players: Granlund, Draisaitl, Buchnevich, Necas, Niku, and picks (of which I have some first and 3rd rounders for the next couple years).

Not sure if I want to move Drai or Granlund. I know Buch is an up and comer still and good make a statement this year plus Necas has been pretty prolific lately and there are talks of him getting put into the lineup immediately. What are your thoughts on a potential trade for Bob?

Minors:

Instead of tying up cap-space, or trading valuable assets for a player that you only *might* need, why not wait to see if Duby does get injured? If you are willing to part with good pieces, you will have the assets to trade for a good starting goalie in-season if you need to.

Comish Dynasty 2021-22 (24 Team Roto Dynasty, Custom Salaries)
    Minnesota North Stars, 2nd Tier
    C - Aho, Rakell, Foligno, Trenin (Janmark, Steel, Kurashev)
    LW - Hall, Lucic, Sanford, Bellows (Vesalainen, Foote, Katchouk)
    RW - Seguin, Toffoli, Jaskin, Donskoi (Jarvis)
    D - Sergachev, Edler, Petterson, Forbort, Ceci, Valimaki (H.Fleury, Alexeyev, Salo)
    G - Price, Brossoit (Stolarz)

Quote Originally Posted by jer_33 View Post
    Instead of tying up cap-space, or trading valuable assets for a player that you only *might* need, why not wait to see if Duby does get injured? If you are willing to part with good pieces, you will have the assets to trade for a good starting goalie in-season if you need to.
    Valid point. Its how I am, I would rather be prepared for the worst then get caught with my tail between my legs and unable to gain points because my starter is out. Happened to me one year when I had Price and Montoya. Granted Montoya took over but he was not doing great at all and that is most likely due to the Habs being a dumpster fire but my point is that I have been burned before so trying not to make that happen now

Minors:

Dobber Sports Giant

Maybe like Buchnevich + Niku + a pick and see if he bites for Bobrovsky. I’d do something like that in a second, but I’m thinking you’ll probably have to include one of Granny or Leon.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Maybe like Buchnevich + Niku + a pick and see if he bites for Bobrovsky. I’d do something like that in a second, but I’m thinking you’ll probably have to include one of Granny or Leon.
    I offered him Buch, Niku and a 2020 1st and he said ?that?s kinda low. I thought you would at least offer one of Gran or Leon?

Just not sure if it?s worth making that move seeing as one of Dub or Bob will be on the bench at some point. We only start one goalie per week.

Dobber Sports Genius

^^ The cool thing about goalies is that they are usually easy-ish to trade. The value you put in you can usually get back in a future trade. So, long as you don't bet on the way-too-wrong goalie. If he want's Granlund, meh, sure why not. If you need to get out of a goalie (having Dubnyk and Bobrovsky) then you should be able to get a comparable player to Granlund back at a future date.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    ^^ The cool thing about goalies is that they are usually easy-ish to trade. The value you put in you can usually get back in a future trade. So, long as you don't bet on the way-too-wrong goalie. If he want's Granlund, meh, sure why not. If you need to get out of a goalie (having Dubnyk and Bobrovsky) then you should be able to get a comparable player to Granlund back at a future date.
    Makes sense, so an offer of Granlund and a prospect should be enough to gain Bob and if I need to move one a goalie in the future then I should be essentially ?breaking even?.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by xdmurda View Post
    Makes sense, so an offer of Granlund and a prospect should be enough to gain Bob and if I need to move one a goalie in the future then I should be essentially ?breaking even?.
    Well, sort of, yeah.

I like your idea of having a secondary option already in place. That sounds like something I would do. Goalies are "only expensive" when you really need one.

In a 20 team league, even in a start 1G/week, goalies are at a premium. Having 2 of the top 20 goalies puts you at a huge advantage. When another GM needs a goalie and they come calling, you should be able to get back what you paid.

Do you have the cap room to pick up Bob?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Well, sort of, yeah.

I like your idea of having a secondary option already in place. That sounds like something I would do. Goalies are "only expensive" when you really need one.

In a 20 team league, even in a start 1G/week, goalies are at a premium. Having 2 of the top 20 goalies puts you at a huge advantage. When another GM needs a goalie and they come calling, you should be able to get back what you paid.

Yeah I have roughly $2M in cap space plus I can drop Hammond if the trade goes through which would relieve me of an additional $1.35M. I would be right up against it but I can make it work. I am thinking of Granlund+Niku (who he seems high on) for Bob

Minors:

Well, sort of, yeah.

Seems like he'd be okay with Granlund+2020 1st round pick for Bobrovsky...pull the trigger?

Minors: