Thread: Move a D for C?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Move a D for C?

Both my C and D have been weaknesses most of the season. There is a team who has Ziba, PLD, Couture, Horvat, and Trocheck who said he's open to trading any of them for a D except Trocheck.

His first offer is Horvat for my Sergachev, which I'm not sold on considering how streaky Bo can be and how many games VAN has already played.

I think I'm most interested in Ziba (IF we think he turns it around) or PLD, but Sergachev has been pretty much my best D since picking him up.

Would anyone trade him or Burns straight up for any of the C's he's rostering, or is there too much value being lost that I should look to include other players for better balance?

I just scooped Karlsson since he came back and I had an open spot to gamble with. Grzelcyk still on IR but may return this week, but also Dumba, Muzzin, Leddy, Dobson, Boqvist are FA, and Risto just hit waivers (I need hits and may put a claim in for him).

Anything thoughts?
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Move a D for C?

Horvat for Serg is bad, insta-reject.

Zibanejad just posted 0 points in a game where NYR scored 6. I think it's safe to write him off for the season at this point.

There are some decent options in FA for D so I would consider Burns for PLD. But honestly, that's the only trade I would do in your situation.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post
    Agreed

Zibanejad just posted 0 points in a game where NYR scored 6. I think it's safe to write him off for the season at this point.
    Fair point and that definitely did not go unnoticed. He's just so puzzling, his shots/game is 3 which is pretty consistent over the last 5 years, but the shooting percentage is only 3.7% -- WAY down from his career average of ~13%. TOI, PP Time is still rock solid and he's still out there on the PK as well. Just a total head scratcher with the underlying metrics screaming positive regression but failing to bust the slump.

There are some decent options in FA for D so I would consider Burns for PLD. But honestly, that's the only trade I would do in your situation.
    Would you rather give up Burns or Sergachev for PLD if I'm able to negotiate that without bringing other players into the equation?
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post

I agree with snipshow101 here. Definitely don't trade Serg for Bo but Burns for either PLD or even Couture wouldn't be bad.

If you need hits, Risto is obviously a great option, but I think I like Dumba of the bunch as he'll get you more than just hits!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post

Fair point and that definitely did not go unnoticed. He's just so puzzling, his shots/game is 3 which is pretty consistent over the last 5 years, but the shooting percentage is only 3.7% -- WAY down from his career average of ~13%. TOI, PP Time is still rock solid and he's still out there on the PK as well. Just a total head scratcher with the underlying metrics screaming positive regression but failing to bust the slump.
    He's shooting from the perimeter this year, instead of between the circles like past years.
    One Year. 11 teams. Points only. G=1. A=1. GWG=1. W=2. SO=3
    8 F, 4D, 2G. 5 drops all year. ***NO BENCH, NO IR, SWAP D for D, F for F, G for G ONLY***
    F: P Kane, Wheeler, Kucherov, Malkin, Batherson, Crosby, Eichel, Point
    D: Carlson, Q Hughes, Barrie, Karlsson
    G: Demko, Ullmark