Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Exercises Can Someone Do At Home During This Pandemic?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: What Exercises Can Someone Do At Home During This Pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    P90X - it works if you do.
    Bahaha. I miss that guy.

My issue is I am not disciplined enough to just do my own workout. Following a video now is much better for now. I also work in some runs and now some trips to the Hamilton stairs. They're a fantastic workout.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Very true but no different than F45 or a lot of other classes like that. I actually think it was cheaper than F45.
    Ya expense is relative. It's not expensive for that "personal trainer" style gym that F45/OT run with. But my gf does OT and it blows my mind when she describes how much it is.

What I end up doing is hockey, walking at work (10,000/day) and then whatever I do on the weekends. I try my best to go walk to locations instead of drive. This includes walks to the LCBO or Beerstore instead of driving when I can. In the winter I end up shovelling a ton.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya expense is relative. It's not expensive for that "personal trainer" style gym that F45/OT run with. But my gf does OT and it blows my mind when she describes how much it is.

What I end up doing is hockey, walking at work (10,000/day) and then whatever I do on the weekends. I try my best to go walk to locations instead of drive. This includes walks to the LCBO or Beerstore instead of driving when I can. In the winter I end up shovelling a ton.
    Oh 100% it was expensive. I made plenty of sacrifices in other parts of life to pay for it. One included not playing ice anymore since I found I was missing 25% of the games due to work or other arrangements. That wasn't worth the price to me.

Now that I have a home routine going I don't plan on going back to OT. We will see if I talk the same in the middle of January when I can't workout outside.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Did someone mention Kegel exercises! lol
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey, btw, if you're into losing weight, why not make some money doing it?!
    Worked for me, and I made a cool $660 in 6 months.
    (fine print: only about 11% of that was profit - the rest was an investment incentive to actually lose the weight).

How it works - using a site like healthywager.com (that's the one I used) - you sign up to a "challenge" and give them a certain amount of money every month until your challenge is done.
    If you lost the required weight at the end, they pay it all back plus interest.
    If you don't lose the weight though, you lose it ALL. So it forces you to take it seriously.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Hey, btw, if you're into losing weight, why not make some money doing it?!
    Worked for me, and I made a cool $660 in 6 months.
    (fine print: only about 11% of that was profit - the rest was an investment incentive to actually lose the weight).

How it works - using a site like healthywager.com (that's the one I used) - you sign up to a "challenge" and give them a certain amount of money every month until your challenge is done.
    If you lost the required weight at the end, they pay it all back plus interest.
    If you don't lose the weight though, you lose it ALL. So it forces you to take it seriously.
    That's a different weight loss approach. Cool stuff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    One thing i did at the start of the pandemic was a buddy and I had a bit of a "challenge" thing going on, where we would hold each other accountable for doing 5 sets of pushups (with personal goals on how many per set) and an ab circuit workout per day (again with personal goals on the difficulty).

We would message each other throughout the day to update each other and keep each other motivated to make sure we stayed on top of it.

Admittedly, we have completely forgotten about that 7 months in now, but it was actually working for a solid 3-4 months.

If you have a bit of open space and solid ground, some HIIT workouts would be good to do IMO. Relatively quick, and keeps the burn going after you workout.
    I think it's a good idea, I'll see if I can get my friends to do it. do you also have a HIIT workout routine?

Dobber Sports Jedi

There's all kinds of these challenges out there. steps challenges weight loss challenges.

The one's I've seen - you enter a pool with 20-50 other people.
    Put your $$ down - $20, $50.
    and with the steps one - you need to meet weekly/daily goals for an 8wk period.
    The weight one - it's a weekly weight loss/weigh in.

At the end of the 8 weeks. those that remain - have meet the challenge requirements each week - split the pool $$
    9/10 times you double your money at a minimum.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4